• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cold boot needs reset 8RDA3+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimmy53

What the title says. Sometimes I have to reboot it twice, sometimes I have to turn the PSU off and on. Anybody see this? Thanks much.

That's a hard one to nail down ...
Could be the power supply .
Bios update might cure it .
Could be a component is not initially reading correctly , I had a video card cause the cold boot problem before and some memory caused it before as well .
I read that setting the bios to let the long boot up process ( long memory count ) is best but recently had a board that sometimes hangs in the long boot-up but will boot everytime with the long boot-up disabled , short time boot-up is fine .
That is my experience with that problem , I'm sure there could be other variables that could cause it , like a surge protector or something .

Good Luck .

Awesome man thanks. I am almost certain it's not the psu (brand new 550) and I am positive its not the RAM as I have been testing the board with 3 different sets. It very well could need a bios flash as I have not done that yet. I could also be the vid card as I have a gangster one on the bench right now. I will also try the long boot, thanks again man.

Jimmy my fellow 8rda3+ owner, I have that same problem, I think it might be the way it's designed. Are you overclocking it at all? because I find that when I overclock too much and the O/C fails, sometimes I need to turn the psu off to get it to boot.

Thanks for the reply Moony. I haven't yet tried any of Tony's suggestions. However I am definately overclocking. So far I have only had to clear CMOS a couple of times and that takes a power down. Sometimes it seems like I need to restart it twice after boot and sometimes I need to power all the way down then come back up, restart etc. It wouldn't bother me much if it wasn't on the bench. I think I will probably email Epox on this one.

Back