• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG not performing? 3dmark and Aqua results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g35_tx

Registered
BFG 6800 GT not performing? 3dmark and Aqua results

Guys I just ran the tests after installing this car, I would have thought I would hit 12k at least on cdmark, Aqua at least 60k. Hmm

Aquamark03 51,772
3dmark03 10536

AMD 3200+ Athlon
1 gig pc3200 ram
MSI K7N2-ILSR

Clock speeds show 370mhz 3d clock and 1000 memory. Thought it should be higher?

g35_tx said:
Guys I just ran the tests after installing this car, I would have thought I would hit 12k at least on cdmark, Aqua at least 60k. Hmm

Aquamark03 51,772
3dmark03 10536

AMD 3200+ Athlon
1 gig pc3200 ram
MSI K7N2-ILSR

Clock speeds show 370mhz 3d clock and 1000 memory. Thought it should be higher?

I think you are fine for everything being @ stock.

dreIU said:
I think you are fine for everything being @ stock.

It suppose to be overclocked already. What can I use for program wise to adjust it?

Also guys, what software and where do I get the latest drivers that work for this card from for overclocking, and seeing temps, etc? Thanks. I adjusted mine to 421 and 1150 so far and stable. But I can't see temps, and not running the latest drivers either.

Another problem. I had it set to 421 and 1150, but its not holding the settings!!! Any ideas?

61.77 drivers now.

hibner said:
Coolbits

add this to your registry, then reboot. Its allows you to overclock right from your display properties

Installed it, but I don't see coolbits anywhere. Can you point me to where it shows coolbits at to adjust?

go to the properties of the card, right click on the desktop go to properties, settings, advanced, Geforce GT, and it should be in one of the tabs, core speed or something to that effect.

Coolbits adds (enables) a new option in your nVidia display settings:
i.e. -> Right click desktop -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Geforce 6800 GT

Then on the left side you'll see a new entry "Clock Frequency Settings"
Click that and there you have it. Also, notice the check box for "Apply these settings at startup"

There's also a "Temperature Settings" line you can click on to see the current temperature of your cards proc.

Anyone know if there's a system tray temperature gauge?

Okay guys, I adjusted it and adjusted it. Aquamark went to 53209 and 3dmark03 went down to 9900. I was able to get 3dmark back up to 10k when I turned down the settings a little. I am now at 410 and 1100. Why is this thing not giving me 12k out of 3dmark like everyone else? What am I missing?!

Okay, I was able to pull 411/1133mhz out of her. She runs at 53209 in Aqua03 and 11592 in 3dmark03. I wanted 12k at least in 3dmark03. So I am not sure what else to do. Seems the higher I go the worse I got. So I turned it back to this and I was able to get a better #.

Any more ideas?

g35_tx said:
Okay, I was able to pull 411/1133mhz out of her. She runs at 53209 in Aqua03 and 11592 in 3dmark03. I wanted 12k at least in 3dmark03. So I am not sure what else to do. Seems the higher I go the worse I got. So I turned it back to this and I was able to get a better #.

Any more ideas?

That sounds pretty close to right (3dmark) since you're not OC'd except for the video. @ 400/1100 i get like 12k but the rest of my components are significantly OC'd.

Is that a stock 3200+ Barton? If so those scores seem right. AXP never did score well against Pent4s :-/ . As you can tell, most of us are almost 400mhz faster than you, since it appears that yours is at stock.

ie your 2.2ghz vs my 2.65

g35_tx said:
It suppose to be overclocked already. What can I use for program wise to adjust it?

Yeah, I was talking about the rest of your system. You are fine and you are getting the right score for your system.

Chowdy said:
That sounds pretty close to right (3dmark) since you're not OC'd except for the video. @ 400/1100 i get like 12k but the rest of my components are significantly OC'd.

What do you mean not overclocked? My CPU is a 2500+ overclocked to 3200+, and the GDX is also now OC.

Sentential said:
Is that a stock 3200+ Barton? If so those scores seem right. AXP never did score well against Pent4s :-/ . As you can tell, most of us are almost 400mhz faster than you, since it appears that yours is at stock.

ie your 2.2ghz vs my 2.65

Well I have a 2500+ overclocked to 3200+. I can probably get more out of it, but haven't tried yet. If you have any ideas on that please feel free to help. I only changed the speed from 166mhz to 200mhz so far. And V to 1.75

My BFG6800GT ($340 w/ tax just to **** you off) got 11974 on 3d and 63487 ish on aqua. I did oc mine to my sig speeds

Got aqua score correct this time

Last edited:
Back