• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wtf.... 8x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Memphis69

i can not run doom 3 in 8x i get a runtime error and bhd the wepons turn crazy *** colors any help or ideas.?

Sounds like your AGP bus is a little unstable. The KT600 dosen't have PCI/AGP locks, so your AGP bus speed will increase right along with your FSB OC. If the AGP bus can't handle the speed, lowering it from 8x to 4x will sometimes help (like in your case), though increasing the AGP voltage a little could also help keep up stability at 8x speeds.

JigPu

thank you.... btw BFG is sending me a new 5200fx vid card b/c its not running at its speed that is says it sould be.. my cards is running at 250/400 and they say it sould be at 280/450 so.. i dont kown if that has any thing to do with it or not.. but thanks for the info...

Try bumping the voltage up just a little, I had an fx5200 before the 9800pro and I had it running at 100mhzx8 (I didn't know what I was doing), I know not every card is alike but I know that nvidia cards can take more agp speeds then ati cards.

Memphis69 said:
so.. how would a persone go about up the voltage of a vid card?

Well for one, you'd be upping the voltage for the agp slot, not the card itself. I'm not too familiar with your mobo, but there might be an option for agp voltage in your bios. Bump it up 1 notch at a time, then test to see if it works. Don't go too high tho, you might fry something.

Memphis69 said:
thank you.... btw BFG is sending me a new 5200fx vid card b/c its not running at its speed that is says it sould be.. my cards is running at 250/400 and they say it sould be at 280/450 so.. i dont kown if that has any thing to do with it or not.. but thanks for the info...
I wouldnt send that card back.You got an awsome OC out of it.The new one might not do as well???

I was reading on another post that some older boards had some problems with the card running at 8x and it took a bios update to fix it, is your bios updated?

Back