• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help from Hurricane Charley Area

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stompbox

Charley tore us up pretty good in the Orlando area. No power for days and now no cable which means no Roadrunner. I tried for days to resist loading AOL but loaded it dial-up. Talk about the old days no a/c, windows open,sweating before and after a shower and dial-up. I can download new work units but cannot upload the finished units. I presently have 7 completed unit waiting to upload. I have tried stopping and restarting the service it says its sending completed units but stopped even trying to send while working on a unit. Called AOHelll and they said it was my software (F@H). Any ideas?

stompbox said:
Charley tore us up pretty good in the Orlando area. No power for days and now no cable which means no Roadrunner. I tried for days to resist loading AOL but loaded it dial-up. Talk about the old days no a/c, windows open,sweating before and after a shower and dial-up. I can download new work units but cannot upload the finished units. I presently have 7 completed unit waiting to upload. I have tried stopping and restarting the service it says its sending completed units but stopped even trying to send while working on a unit. Called AOHelll and they said it was my software (F@H). Any ideas?
I don't think you will find many people folding using AOL here. As in your situation it shoukd only be considered in an emergency. For that reason I think it will be hard to get an answer here that is more than speculation. There is a forum for the folding community (world wide) that taps right into the Stanford FAH guru Vijay. This is where you report problems that can't be solved anywhere else.
http://forum.folding-community.org/index.php?sid=695dba078e82094d3d66e6572482429b . This a link to that forum. Hope they can help you there.

Possible fix

I use dialup on my computer, not AOL, but had the same problem after 170 or so WU's. Make another FAH icon on your desktop, and right click on it, go to properties then target. Make it look like this: "C:\Program Files\Folding@Home\winFAH.exe" -send all

The -send all should send in your WU's. I have to send in my WU's like this every time, I have one icon for folding, one for sending in. The link JetMech would be a good place to look around also. Good luck! Too bad all Hurricanes are not in a glass!

E

Back