• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a PCI express power cable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkh

I am thinking of bidding on one of the X800PCIE that are on ebay but they dont come with a power cable err is there any were I can get one?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought one of the pluses of pci-e slots was that they could put out a lot more power then agp slots. This would eliminate the need for an extra power connecter.

I'm pretty sure the card will still use a Molex plug for power - usually the "Power Cable" that comes with video cards is simply a Molex splitter with a long cable.

I could be wrong of course :).

If the cable *is* something different, I'd be pretty certain you could order it directly from ATi (although they'll probably charge you for it).

r423power.jpg

What board you looking at buying? A BBA or a third-party? Many of the PCIe X800's I've seen use molex power connectors.

All high end PCI express GFX cards from both ATI and Nvidia use the new socket it is able to deliver more power the same as two molex so that means the 6800ULTRA will only have 1.

The new powersupplys that are coming out now have a cable just for this but for the people that have a 500w or above PS already there is an adaptor.

Iam not getting the card off ebay any more it is way to much the cards are coming next month so I am getting a X300SE to hold me off for a month.

Back