• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

more questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mx2times

Registered
what are the defaults for fsb and multiplier on a amd xp mobile 2400 45 watt barton?

I am having trouble getting my sys to run stable and it isnt even oc'ed.

a7n8x deluxe
1 gig crucial ddr 2700 2x512 in dual (non value) timings @ 2.5-3-3-7
generic 300 watt psu
air cooling slight better than stock

running at 1.8 ghz now with good temps (idle 42c load 49c). after about 10 min on prime 95 or far cry, sys just locks up occasionally. my multiplier and fsb are set at 150/12. some of that stuff in the bios confuses me a bit also. for instance, my multipler has some settings that are like this...8.0/16.0. If I select that setting, which number is going to be used? What about the memory settings that are marked at %, where do I set that?

thanks again guys:)

13.5x133 are the stock cpu multi and fsb, but it's default is like 600mhz or something low like that. About your multi you should go to the mobo section and ask them, I'm sure they will be able to help you. By the way what vcore are you running your cpu and what else are you running on that generic psu, it could be that your psu is not able to give enough voltage.

At what value do I set the memory? (Auto), (By SPD). 10%, 150%?

right now...

166x11
vcore1.7
ddr ref volts 2.8
memory 100%
temp reading at lockup 48c
2.5-3-3-11

prime 95 for 10 min then lockup? What the heck is going on here????

Last edited:
even if I boot into bios and let it sit idle it will lockup after about 10 min

someone please give me some ideas:)

You should leave the memory at auto, it will automaticaly raise the memory speed as you raise the fsb, by speed will increase the memory speed to be as fast as you ram, but it only works if the fsb is lower then the memory. Could be your psu thats giving problems, check the 5v and 3.3v for drops in voltage, what else is your psu connected to?

I would personaly set it to 100% so that there's no chance the board goes into async mode with the RAM

Avg said:
You should leave the memory at auto, it will automaticaly raise the memory speed as you raise the fsb, by speed will increase the memory speed to be as fast as you ram, but it only works if the fsb is lower then the memory. Could be your psu thats giving problems, check the 5v and 3.3v for drops in voltage, what else is your psu connected to?

I am using asus temp probe, I assume this to be accurate to some degree:) Is the voltage allowed to drop even a little?

PSU hooked to 1 cdrw, 1 dvd rw, 1 250 gig drive, fan controller, 3 80 mm fans. Brand on PSU is Premier

Yeah sometimes it will drop a little, how much did it change?

5.5 volt hovers around 4.7
3.3 hangs out at 3.2

My Vcore voltage defaults at 1.575. How much can I safely increase this?

I'd say if you can keep it cool, under 50c is safe try raising the vcore upto 1.65.

strange...that time I got through about 3 min of Far Cry before lock up. Is it really possible all these problems with lock ups can be attributed to a poor power supply?

Last edited:
not sure, but it could be, and it's always recommended to have a good psu.

dern i hate to threadjack but, i had a athlonxp 2400+ and the stock clock was at 2 ghz. so does that mean that the mobiles have a different line of speeds?

back on topic though, it sounds to me like a psu issue. i remember wanting to run that athlonxp 2400+ on a 250 watt psu and it just didnt like it. good luck buddy and i hope you solve your problem ^^

MyPCAlexi said:
dern i hate to threadjack but, i had a athlonxp 2400+ and the stock clock was at 2 ghz. so does that mean that the mobiles have a different line of speeds?

back on topic though, it sounds to me like a psu issue. i remember wanting to run that athlonxp 2400+ on a 250 watt psu and it just didnt like it. good luck buddy and i hope you solve your problem ^^

The difference is that the desktop 2400+ is a t-bred and the mobile is a barton which has a larger L2 cache, that's why they have different clocks speeds.

Back