• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just got a new 9800 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rhino56

its a 350 core with hynix memory, its the 128 version.
stock heatsink ati tool i could get 398 core and 363 memory
i put my modded with the blower vga silencer on it with as5 and i got it up to 420 core and 400 memory
i think it will do pretty good once the as5 sets in.
but thats a big gain anyways.

Congrats..... that's a sweet overclock on the memory.... I'm jealous :drool:

Senater_Cache said:
what does the card look like, what brand is it.
XT PCB???

I don't believe they make any xt pcbs with r350 cores.

Congrats on the good results with the new card - I take it the old one was indeed dead? :(

Do you have RAMSinks on there? Many have found that adding RAMSinks (The copper ones OCZ makes are superbly sized), and a side mounted fan for lots of airflow over the RAM, will net another 5-10 MHz. A side-fan should also give you a small gain on the core, if you don't have one on there already :).

400MHz on the ram? wow what ya do to get it that high? the cores weak, but a vmod should help things nicely. I had one that was even worse than yours, sold it cause it sucks so bad its not much faster than my super ti4200

The core is not that bad, he is able to meet xt speeds, but one question the memory clocks before the hs, did you stop because you didn't want to break the card or because it started artifacting.

I wouldnt be happy going from 380 to 412, an 8.4% increase in clocks. My ti4200 goes from 250 to 340, this is 36%! I have seen people hit 480 with their 9800 pros, a much more respectable 26.3% overclock! I wasnt happy with my own 9800 pros core and I wont be happy with less than 480 but thats just me, gotta have the best

I just got a brand new one about a week ago Sapphire 9800 Pro atlantis 128MB 256bit.

I put on a VGA silencer with the thermal paste it came with for the mean time. I can overclock my core up to 420MHZ with no artifacts, the memory gets to hot though for me to overclock it and feel safe. Did you remove the shim around the core? Oh and I got a 360core with the samsung 2.8ns (700MHZ) memory. Do all your cards get as hot as mine as well, is it normal for the silicon board to get hot....I am worried that because I left the shim on it might not be making good contact with the core. I have not artifacts to date though.

all i did so far is put my modified vga silencer on it, i do have a 92mm panaflo on my side window and my case temps are between 22-26 usually.

Back