• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel BX @ 166 MHz FSB or more?? Who did it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celemine1Gig

Hi guys and gals,

is there someone out there who managed to get his BX-chipset motherboard rock stable to 166 MHz FSB or more??? I would like to know that because I'll try it soon with my P3 667 Setup described in my signature. Just sold the Celeron and now have the P3 667 cC0 running.

None of the 440BX boards I have played with have fsb settings that go that high. Maybe a hacked bios? Of course I have not played with nearly all of the BX boards that are out there so I may be missing something here.
My current favorites are the CUSL2-C and TUSL2-C from Asus and based on Intels 815 chipset.

My cD0 P3 1 gig is running at 1200 (7.5 x 160) on a BX133 RAID rock solid. Will let you know if i can get it any higher when i get my new stick of mushkin rev 3+ 256 mb. The stick i have now craps out at 163/164

Abit boards go upto 166 and beyond.
My BF6 says it can do 200 , i wish i wish i wish.....

Wait till the new celerons come out, .13micron core, we will see some 166 FSb celerons, i would be money on that

@Jay,

I don't think that the 0.13 Celerons will work in your BX Board because they'll have the new tualatin core. I also have the Abit BF6 which goes upto 200 MHz FSB and it would be great to see a bios update or something else that would allow us BX useres to run tualatin CPUs, but I'm afraid it'll never happen.:( I also managed 160 MHz FSB a few week ago, but my RAM couldn't handle the speed, so now I'm waiting for my new 256MB PC-133 CL2 stick from Infineon, which should get me to 166 MHz FSB and beyond. Most of the Infineon RAMs here in Germany were tested to be stable at 166 MHz FSB CL2!!!!!! I hope mine will at least do 166 MHz @ CL3.:D:(

the .13 Celerons will work in my BX board.
Even if i have to march down to ABITs head office and make them write a micro code update for my CPU. :)

Dont worry, they will work, i'll put money down on that.

Back