• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone answer a dumb question s for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JASPER24

Registered
I'm new to pc gaming (I'm old- Im a dad) What is the comparision of pc gaming to lets say playstaion or xbox--- graphics wise..

ie: which has a better resolution/game play ect.. I have noticed that my kids have been playing almost all pc games lately--- they have xbox-ps2 and gamecubes.... (of which I myself have not played)

by the way--- I'm really getting into pc gaming

I just bought a BFG 6800 ultra oc----- a lot better than my old 9200se ati

Computer games have way higher resolutions and higher poly counts and overall better graphics, and with that 6800 ultra you'll be able to play anything(as long as the rest of your computer is up to par) As far as gameplay it all boils down to the game and not the system. Good luck with the gaming, Gaming is the win.

Oh yeah, for comparison, The xbox has a GeForce3 chip, but since the graphics are low res and crappy on xbox games, it can handle it, PC WINS

My system specs are:

xp2500+ mobile oc 200x11 to +3200
1 gig ocz 3200
BFG 6800 Ultra
480w

You should be able to fully enjoy any PC game with that system. There are some great PC games out there. As far as PC vs. console, a lot of it comes down to preference and what type/genre of games you like to play. Typically PC game will feature the top-of-the-line graphics and the best first person shooter games, in my opinion.

try far cry and *EDIT* Doom 3 and you will know why.
I was a console gamer at first but now I am shifting to PC.
Unless gran turismo 4 came out, i won't even touch my PS2 anymore...

Last edited:
nakatalee said:
try far cry and you will know why.
I was a console gamer at first but now I am shifting to PC.
Unless gran turismo 4 came out, i won't even touch my PS2 anymore...
me too used to play only console until morrowind and then bf1942.
man i haven't bought a new console game in over a year.

jasper24 said:

what genre do you like to play? rpg/fps
then we could recommend some that will match the prowess of your gcard.

I like battlefield type games--- and anything to show off what my new card would be nice

JASPER24 said:
I'm new to pc gaming (I'm old- Im a dad) What is the comparision of pc gaming to lets say playstaion or xbox--- graphics wise..

ie: which has a better resolution/game play ect.. I have noticed that my kids have been playing almost all pc games lately--- they have xbox-ps2 and gamecubes.... (of which I myself have not played)

I just bought a BFG 6800 ultra oc----- a lot better than my old 9200se ati

There's no dumb questions.
And no one is too old for pc gaming too.....
Welcome to the gaming world!!! :p

Back