• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ to 3200+ upgrade worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jo3

i have my 2600+ right now, factory unlocked and all, but i have pc 3500 ram and i wanna get all the bandwidth i can out of it. when i turn up the fsb on my 2600+ my ram settings (2,3,3,5) wont allow it to post. and like i said i like the bandwidth.

are the 3200+'s on newegg worth it? and how well do they oc?

turn down the multi and turn up the fsb..... you should be fine..... 3200+ would probably be a waste of money. better off getting a mobile, as it will go way beyond a 3200+

Why upgrade to another socketA Chip when you are already hitting xp3200+ speeds is beyond me. Even if it is a Mobile Barton you are aiming for. Save your cash! Of course you get some more mhz or some higher mem speeds but its pointless as a single channel a64 2800+ smokes a oc mobile.

Don't spend another 80-100$ on a cpu. Sell your system and grab the VNF3 250 and a A64 3000+ CG for 250$ if you really want to update. You can oc this combo (even on stock aircooling) up to >= 2.5ghz easily. Or wait some more months for some oc friendly socket 939 90nm solutions or even more significant socket 754 price drops if you are willing to wait.

do any of you have a 2600+ / what were your highest speeds?

and like i said im at 11x200 right now, should i go higher on the fsb or try lowering it and upping the mult?

My 2600+ hit 2.5ghz with 1.62v, I could probably have gotten more but I had a silent 20cfm case fan on my SLK. Beside that, my A64 2800+(1.8ghz) overclocked to 2ghz was slightly faster than the mobile at 2.5.

i just fried it

****ing gay

i brought it 9.5x215(my rams defaults) and i bumped the ram voltage to 2.7 from 2.6 and now it wont post. ive reset the board and **** and nothings happening
fried = D;

Back