• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plz help me - no beep at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkny7007

Registered
hi all,

i just finish build my new pc by following the instruction online,,but when i test ir...no beep at all. im using nf7-s mobo.

1 more question: i have drop 1 little very little thermal to mobo..will it damage my mobo..??

here is the place i droped, blue color on the picture

ab4.jpg

1 more thing: when i look at my mobo, i saw the red light..is it mean my mobo is ok ??

help plz

here is my system ifo:
motherboard: NF7-S v2
cpu: AMD 45 Watt Mobile Athlon XP 2500+
harddrive: 200gb
video: MSI ATI RX9800PRO Video Card
heat sink: THERMALRIGHT SLK-900(A) CLIP-ON
Fan: 119.0 CFM VANTEC (SUNON) TORNADO FAN 92 X 38 MM
Ram: 2 stick of Ocz DDR 512MB Pc3200" premier series 3-4-4-8
Case: ANTEC Solution Series Mid Tower Case with 420W Power Supply

Last edited:
if it is the thermal paste that came with the cpu (white stuff) it probably isn't a problem- I'd go thru each step in the manual and make sure I did each step correctly.

Can you get into the Bios?

If there is no beep at all, and all your hard drives and fans power up fine, then it's definitely a problem with your CPU or motherboard. If there is a red light on your motherboard, read through the manual and see if you can find out if it tells you something specific. Maybe it doesn't like the MP version of the Athlon 2500+.

Otherwise, dismantle the system and remove everything from the motherboard except for the CPU/heatsink, RAM, and graphics card. Plug in your monitor and keyboard and then try power up again. If you get the same results, either your CPU or motherboard is dead and you will have to return it for a replacement.

Don't worry it can happen to the best of us...

i couldn't get into the bios, and powerspuplly was not power up at all, then i try to use my old one..but still can't solve the problem..so any one know what part of my comp has problem , plz tell me..

Do you have the 4 wire "extra" power plug plugged into the MB? Some PSU's don't have that connector, and it won't work if that isn't plugged in. But also the fans would still work. Are you sure the PSU is good and connected correctly with all the power plugs?

yes, i have 4 wire "extra" power plug plugged into the MB..and ever thing connect properly, the only i see is the red light on my mobo, no beep , no display, fan doesn't spin , the fan in psu deosn't spin either...

The red LED is probably the disgnostic LED, which just tells you it's getting power. Wait nothing happens? then maybe you have the power switch plugged into the wrong place on the mobo? (i've done that a few times)
Or maybe there's something wrong with the power supply.

memory installed correctly? Try reinstalling your memory and both of your psu connectors

itshondo said:
memory installed correctly? Try reinstalling your memory and both of your psu connectors
Memory would give him repeated beeps.

Did you plug in all the little wires from the case to the bottom of the motherboard?

Back