• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not all Barton 2500XP+'s the same

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrotherWolf

Registered
I had tried to raise (alter) my settings in order to get near what another poster had with an identical set of processor and MB and found I couldn't get past 182@11x w/1.75vcore settings. The computer locked up and refused to post. I am supposing my chip is one of those mentioned here. :bang head
No worries tho. I managed to get 'er set to [email protected] w/1.75vcore which gives me 2255Mhz and everything seems good so far. :thup:
So, I guess I'll not OC this much anymore and will wait til I get my hands on the 3200+ to play with.

well yeah that is a known fact that all desktop chips except for the mobiles are superlocked. Meaning you cannot oc them well at all, because the multiplier is locked. What you want instead of a 3200+ is a Mobile 2600+, they are completely unlocked and some have even hit 2.7ghz on air cooling.

Not all barton XP2500s are made the same... correct.

Some older ones are unlocked while newer models are super locked. :)

All processors are different and don't always behave the same.

You'd be FAR better off buying a 2500 mobile or a 2600 mobile, rather then a 3200.

3200 isn't a great overclocker.

and also you can go much farther with the mobiles without using as much voltage as you'd need with a desktop. The desktop bartons don't have any advantages over the mobiles.... not one...... also have you tested the ram on any system to see if it will run at spec? You never know, it could be your ram.

I have considered the fact that my ram is inadequate and am thinking of getting better stock.
As for the mobiles as opposed to the desktops, until recently I had no idea that a mobile chip would even work in a desktop environment. But after seeing so many posts about them I stand informed.
My goal here is not to see how far this chip will go "for me". I was OC'ing to see if I could beat the speeds a co-worker was getting on the same chip/board combo. And I have succeded. So now I am just going to sit back and enjoy what I have and try to help others as much as I can

Back