• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500+ Barton or 2600+ Mobile?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pcgirl

Well I'm thinking about getting a new CPU soon but I can't decide on the 2500+ Barton or the 2600+ Mobile. This will be going in an Asus A7N8X 2.0 mobo and I've got a stick of Corsair XMS pc2700 (see sig).

With the 2400+ T-bred I've got in there now I can only reach 166 x 13 before I get windows errors and crashing in games. I can't afford any more memory at the moment, but I'd like to push the limits of the XMS that I have in there now.

Any advice is most appreciated!

The extra adjustability that the mobile tech allows it well worth the small cost difference.

The ability to adjust the multiplier and have the ability to set your cpu speed a lot more finely.

Definately worth it.

Buy the mobile.

Plus the mobile runs off a lower voltage - aka less heat. :)

Since you use PC2700 you'll have trouble overclocking a stock barton on FSB alone very far.

2500+ Bartons are locked for a long time now so ally ou will be able to do is OCing via FSB. 3200+ should be no problem bzt the 2600+ mobile with a right stepping can do 2.6mhz on air if you're lucky!!!

Back