Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop
Forum Jump

What is ACPI Thermal Zone?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 08-24-04, 04:17 PM Thread Starter   #1
Archer36

What is ACPI Thermal Zone?

Ok guys i flashed a new bios on and when i booted windows it found a ACPI Thermal Zone and a ACPI Fan. I know it has somthing to do about report temps, but would MBM or any other app report wrong tems without this being installed?

"We must all hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately"
-- Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is not free, that it comes with the highest of sacrifices. The price of blood"

Archer36 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-24-04, 04:20 PM   #2
SysCrusher

Here's a link that will explain it better than I can.

http://developer.intel.com/design/qu...esign/acpi.htm
SysCrusher is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-24-04, 04:37 PM Thread Starter   #3
Archer36

So you don't think it was reading correct before? When I was on air the fan never changed speed even though in the bios i had selected auto adjust fan according to temp. The manual says that if the temp is lower than 40C it put the fan on low and above 40C High and it always was on high.

"We must all hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately"
-- Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is not free, that it comes with the highest of sacrifices. The price of blood"

Archer36 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-24-04, 07:18 PM   #4
SysCrusher

I don't think MBM or any other app would mind if it was installed or not. I won't say that your motherboards bios was reading correct or not as we all know how in-accurate they can be. It's all about if they bothered to calibrate them correctly which is hard to do cause the slightest breeze can throw the temp off. I don't know how accurate the on die diode is either but that could be wrong as well if they didn't program the bios to read it correctly if at all. Like with my board my on board temp sensor hardly budges past 35C on water. Looking at my own temp probe, it will fluctuate from 29C - 35C.
SysCrusher is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop