• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump outlet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Como

my current and probably temporary pumps outlet is less than 1/2" OD...and for leak testing purposes, it probably wont be in ite permanent submerged home (seeing how i dont have all the parts for it and i have 4-5 days to finish this...working 8 hours a day)

Anyways, i cant seem to get the pipe tight enough around the pump to keep it from leeking rampidly. I was wondering if simply coating the outside with hot glue or something would work to solve this.(as a temp. solution)

what would you reccomend?

nevermind, i got impatient and threw it in a jar. turns out, its gonna stay in that jar...soon as i find some barbs thats its new home, and the jar will go in the case. :p

leak testing ATM, in my sink...just to get an idea of how tight the clamps have to be.(so i can make them tighter)
besides the fact that i dont know how to mount the waterblock on my cpu, and it needs to be lapped first anyway.

you now what you should throw your WB and your rad in a jar too.... :rolleyes:

ok enough of the smart a$$ remarks... you could also try getting some 3/8 ID(i m assuming it is a 3/8 fitting on the pump) to 1/2 OD tubing cut so that it is just long enough to fit over the pump head put some nice glue (water proof glue) on the outside of the hose then put the 1/2 ID on top of the 1/2 OD hose and clamp it to the water block... ok so this way you will have an .5 inches of 1/2 OD hose glued to the inside of the 1/2 ID hose and then places it on the pump...

nah, i'm just gonna use a jar as a res for my pump, and mount 2 barbs in the lid and a barb on the inside...pump>barb>lid>barb>hose>system>hose>barb>lid>jar

oddly enough my pump fits in a widemouth mason jar, which fits in a drive cage. a little work and its taken care of, untill i get a nicer pump....say, 2-3 years when this one dies.

Como said:
nah, i'm just gonna use a jar as a res for my pump, and mount 2 barbs in the lid and a barb on the inside...pump>barb>lid>barb>hose>system>hose>barb>lid>jar

oddly enough my pump fits in a widemouth mason jar, which fits in a drive cage. a little work and its taken care of, untill i get a nicer pump....say, 2-3 years when this one dies.

i recommend surrounding that jar w/foam. *rattle rattle* l;)

Back