• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why does this vid card cost $11,000??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its 11k because they hired some third rate company overseas to handle there computerized inventory....

Kibo-kun said:
LOL, I want a solid gold heatsink!! Even better...platinum!! o_o

Why do you want a gold heatsink? Silver is a better conductor, if you want to go to extreemes though, get a diamond heatsink, that's about as good as you're ever going to get.

MetalStorm said:
Why do you want a gold heatsink? Silver is a better conductor, if you want to go to extreemes though, get a diamond heatsink, that's about as good as you're ever going to get.

or carbide if you want a cheap alternative. :D

MetalStorm said:

I beleive gold does a good job as a heat INSULATOR, not conductor. You would not want a gold heatsink.

Gold does a reasonable job as a conductor, however it also acts as a pretty good heat reflector (which, if not touching the surface, will cause insulating properties).

JigPu

@md0Cer said:
I beleive gold does a good job as a heat INSULATOR, not conductor. You would not want a gold heatsink.

lol, I never said I would ever use it. :p I'd just have it as a trophy for nothing. XD

i thought you were linking to a card that actaully cost that much. i know some of the higher end CAD cards cost $2000+ because of all the certifications they have and stuff

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
i thought you were linking to a card that actaully cost that much. i know some of the higher end CAD cards cost $2000+ because of all the certifications they have and stuff

It was, apparently they fixed the price :p

Back