• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 64 Vs Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grov

Disabled
Im really really thinking of going A64 now..

My mobile is rather crap, and doesn't oc well, evne though i have the setup for it.

I remember a while back a link of x800 cards on different CPU's, like a 2500 Barton 3200, and some A64's. I think it was hardocp but i can't find the dam link.

I just want a good improvement in frames in my games, thats my only concern, won't be doing anything else.

I was thinking the 3500+ Nforce 3, and SLK948 heatsink. id want to overclock it as much as possible, would my memory be ok???

I think your X800 will thank you for the upgrade. It's currently bored waiting for your CPU. Your current memory will be fine on the A64.

heh i meant would my memory be ok for overclocking?

Id want around 2.4/2.5ghz if i could.

A while ago. It's this stuff:

Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX

Either way it will be fine. I just set 250HT and a 4:5 ratio, giving about 210mhz on my pc3200. Then I have a lot of overclocking room.

It doesn't matter what it is, cause i ain't changing it, it's about the mobo/CPU.

as long as you dont over-run ur ram 3500+ would be a big improvement over ur barton. the 3500+ can easily get over 2.4 ghz. my 3000+ can get 2.4 easy. ull get good stuff!

Back