• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Subliminal messages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tall_Dallas

I read this in another forum.

I know mods say "no new Doom3 threads", but I was hoping this could be an exception.

In the first scene, Betruger tells you "amazing things will happen here soon...you just wait".

Someone played it backwards.

http://psykho.czaries.net/betrugerbw.wav

It says "Hail Satan. House of Satan, he's in."

i'l soundforge it later and reverse the reverse to see if it is acutally teh right soundfile. but with a lot of subliminal messages you hear what you want to hear. like the backwards stairway to heaven thing, before i saw the words i oculdn't pick out anything satanic or anything. but once i looked at the "words" it seemed more apparent

i reversed it in sound forge and it is the right sound file (well hes sayingthe right thing i dont have d3 might be wrong guy but i doubt it) and when reversed it has no meaning to choppy

this is kinda off topic but i'll share anyways
if you play "Another one bites the dust" by queen backwards (you have to manually play the Record backwards..never tried CD ect..) at one point it says "lets smoke some mariju..." I dont wanna write the whole word don't know how the moderators would like that

This file is the real soundbite from the game. No need for any special programs to listen to it. If you have windows just go to Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> Entertainment --> Sound Recorder. Load up this file and go to Effects and click on Reverse then play away. It's a direct sound clip from the game.

http://www.papercut.com/halifax/betrugerfw.wav

Last edited:
JamminPotato said:
with a lot of subliminal messages you hear what you want to hear.

This one is actually fairly straight forward though.. *shrugs* at least that's how it sounds to me.

Haha that's awesome, I remember seeing this hilary duff song backwards and it said something about "this nazi land", it was great.

Syx said:
Haha that's awesome, I remember seeing this hilary duff song backwards and it said something about "this nazi land", it was great.

mmm I dunno about that....

that's pretty hard to believe.

It was on a YTMND.com site, and it sounded pretty authentic. that site got retarded though, and that phrase is overused.
YOU'RE THE MAN NOW DAWG! :rolleyes:

There is no such thing as subliminal messages (send me all) if you listen to enough things backward (of your money) you'll find unintentional things (give me your) that might sound vaguely (credit card number) like real words if you have a good imagination.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......

ok, Batboy that was just great.

remember though, things like this happen in every day life. if you WANT to hear something, or see something, you WILL see it.

look at a cloud, TRY to look for something that looks like a dog, i garantee you will find it, unless there are no clouds out, or there are to many clouds out.

some of this stuff is bogus....but then again, some of it is interesting, and some of it may be kinda true.

remember the movie " Little Nicky "??
he puts in a record of the band Chicago, plays a song backwards and you hear a voice say " IN THE NAME OF LUCIFER, I COMMAND YOU TO SPILL THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT "
Hehe, one of my favorite scenese of any movie.

Back