• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kv7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozmo_d

Looking for some KV7 mobo owners, or previouse owners.........

Is the bord good ? Stable?

Any tips or Issues you can speak of ?

cozmo_d said:
Looking for some KV7 mobo owners, or previouse owners.........

Is the bord good ? Stable?

Any tips or Issues you can speak of ?

Well i have two ATM, there not really the best Overclockers, but they are stable, and there want really any bad issues that i remember. i had 215-218fsb stable on mine. they have nice Vcore(up to 2.3 like the NF7). not much for ram volts(2.85), also no DC, because its via kt600. and No agp/pci locks, thats what had my oc limited. Decent ram timings options, ok sound(5.1). alot of usb

its got mounting holes for bolt on HSF,

they do have some goofy temp readings though, the system temp reads really high, because the sensor is really close to the Vcore mosfets.

also the Sata contoller is awsome, its quiet fast, and , as most Via chipsets w/ sata, it formats really fast:D

but not the best board for OCing/gaming, the Via chipset, because of the lack of DC, and its archatecure, doesnt have as good of gaming performance as that of an NFII chipset, and because of the Lack of AGP/PCI locks, its not all that on FSB oc's......

Hey Jess I just want to get this dam thing runing stable, Im using the latest Bios Maybe that was a mistake, this pc simply reboots when ever it feal like it, Ive goten some errors from Ati VPU recovery as well, Ive disabled all onboard stuff, lan sound,sata,printerport everything onboard is disabled....

It has a 2600+ barton chip, 768mb of crucial 2700ddr, 9700Pro built by crucial, Thermalright SK7 with global win fan, the temps are 42c cpu and pwm is 50c

Ive done everything I can think of to make this thing stable, Ive built probly 30 pcs or more, & never had one that was this stuborn I need some real help here some majical software LOL that will tell me whats wrong cuz my normal skils arent helping me much on this board PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME !!!

well what all bios setting as you ussing?(ram timings/ratios, voltages, frequencies, etc.) what slots on the ram...

what bios are you using exacly?, i would try Bios 13...

Was using bios 17

Default cpu settings 2600+ (333)

Voltages = default

Ram is runing at 333 all ram timings are default

Ive switched the ram around was using dim 1&2 then tryed 2&3 now back to 1&2 i read that suposedaly it likes 2&3 but the shutdowns persist Im typing this msg with this pos right now runs nicley when its not auto restarting

Ill flash bios 13 Im desperate at this point

also do you have any "shutdown if CPU fan fail" , or overheat shutdown/warnings in abled?, if so shut them off. also, try using 2.5-3-3-7 on your ram...

this is really stange Cosmo, i never have had this proble out of either of mine, unless i was pushing my OC to far....

also what are temp?

Good Luck..

Thermalright SK7 with global win fan, the temps are 42c cpu and pwm is 50c

None of the auto shutoff settings are inabled

What Bios version are you using ???

Also I just reflashed bios 17 the old_fashoned way by flopy disk instead of that dam program flashmenu, Im crossing my fingers hoping that maybe that flashmenu was crap & doing the legacy flash might fix it.

Yes i powered down & cleared cmos right after flash then reset bios.

My ram is not ocing ram its crapy crucial ddr2700 but it does have lifetime warenty :)
I dont even try to oc with it on this board, It would run @ 2.158 mhz on the rig in me sig tho

please try the ram timings i suggested,

CAS=2.5
tRCD(ras to cas)=3
tRP(row precharge/precharge)=3
tRAS=7

Are all power connectors plugged in(the 4-pin 12v)?

at 333fsb almost anyram should beable to do this.

i am using bios 13.

also is there a little jumper to the bottom right of your ram slots, if so is it up or down?

Ill wright thoes ram timings down & try them thx Im still using bios 17 @ the moment but might flash to 13

Yes all power con are pluged in the 4 pin & the 20 Pin.

the strapping from boot rom is set to default Pin 1/2.

cozmo_d said:
Ill wright thoes ram timings down & try them thx Im still using bios 17 @ the moment but might flash to 13

Yes all power con are pluged in the 4 pin & the 20 Pin.

the strapping from boot rom is set to default Pin 1/2.

there is a know instability problem w/ some 333 bartons(i just read about this). try setting to pin 2-3 (the top 2) and in bios, there will be a new opion displayed in softmenu, set it to noraml first, and if still unstable, try fast...

also download prime 95, and see if you get error...

also the PSU you are using, was it tested befor, and the ram was it tested befor, try maybe just one stick...

Ive tryed 4 differant sticks of ram, in several differant combos, i realy dont think its the ram all these sticks ran in kx333 with no problems for over 1 year, the psu is great its an antec 450 voltages are very stable.

Im runing prime 95 right now with the settings you posted

Here is the ram timings I have set with bios 17

Dram Clock = 166
Dram Timing = manual
Cas LT 2.5
Bank Interleave = 4 bank
Trp 3t
Tras 7t
Trcd 3t
Dram Burst Length 4

I will test the straping jumper if this problem persists Thx

Jess is this what u read ? about the strapping jumper ?

Symptoms
There are some symptoms after flashing BIOS to v1.2 with Barton 2500+ CPU installed on a KV7 board.
The system can't be booted up with Barton 2500+ after flashing the BIOS to v1.2.
The system can't be booted up with Barton 2500+ after saving the correct CPU frequency setting in SoftMenu.
The system can't be booted up by certain AMD Barton / Thoroughbred CPUs with correct frequency settings.
Solution
At present, there are two ways to solve the issue:
Downgrade the BIOS to v1.1.
Set the CROM1 jumper from 1-2 to 2-3.
The issue will be fixed in the next BIOS release.

U know whats wierd that strapping thing was like 5 bioses ago & sayes it will be fixed in next bios LOL

I read that FAQ also, but didnt think it could apply to my problem, since the pc was booting fine.

Ran prime95 for 5 hours straight no problems temp was cpu45c and pmw53c,

someone else told me to check for the blaster worm also :(

Thx Jess, keepin me fingers crossed here :)

cozmo_d said:
U know whats wierd that strapping thing was like 5 bioses ago & sayes it will be fixed in next bios LOL

I read that FAQ also, but didnt think it could apply to my problem, since the pc was booting fine.

Ran prime95 for 5 hours straight no problems temp was cpu45c and pmw53c,

someone else told me to check for the blaster worm also :(

Thx Jess, keepin me fingers crossed here :)

have you had anymore reboots?

I finaly figured out what the problem is I think...

I ordered 3 of these: http://www.buyaib.com/amdatxp262sb.html
at the time they were advertising them for 67.00 I thought hey thats a heck of a deal so I ordered 3.

Today I Looked at the propertys of my computer & it sayes the chip is runing @ 1.93 Ghz So I think they sent me this: http://www.buyaib.com/xp26126.html instead of whats on my freekin reciept....

Im not sure weather thats such a big deal tho because the abit websight sayes it can support AMD Athlon XP, Athlon and Duron 400/333/266 MHz CPUs

So it should be fine even if they did send me the 266fsb chips, it still chaps my hide tho cuz they advertised 2.13 @ 333 fsb & send me 1.93 @ 266 fsb, i think the other chip would be more compatable and probly lots less problems< im realy pissed !!!!

Thats the last time I order outside of newegg again !!!

here is the stepping of one of the chips can anyone tell me if this is 266fsb or 333fsb?
and if not how can I find out?? or tell

AXDA2600DKV4D
F368203920325
JIUHB0408MPH

Just an update:

Got it running fine Jess it seemed to be that stupid strapping jumper causing all the problems after all.

Back