• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 Pro what is better

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DooLocsta

Is it better to run your 9800 Pro at XT speeds or is it better to flash it to an XT.

I guess another question would be what is the benefit of flashing it to an XT if it will run at XT speeds.
Sorry if this question is redundant but I have apprehensions about trying to flash the bios even though I am pretty sure I can.

Thanks
DooLocsta

I think if you OC a card, the new clocks will change each time you reboot. Thus, making it hard on the card. Flashing the bios to an xt requires less stress on the card since its at or near the current OC clock speeds at boot up....at least thats what I heard.

Last edited:
DooLocsta said:
Is it better to run your 9800 Pro at XT speeds or is it better to flash it to an XT.

I guess another question would be what is the benefit of flashing it to an XT if it will run at XT speeds.
Sorry if this question is redundant but I have apprehensions about trying to flash the bios even though I am pretty sure I can.

Thanks
DooLocsta

One thing to consider in this is the type of 9800pro you have. If it's one of the older pros then it isn't entirely compatible with the xt bios (I won't get into what that means here). Before you go flashing you might want to take note of the type of core on the card.... is it r350 or r360? If it's the r350 core i'd just overclock it. And if you use radlinker or programs like that you can set it up so that your computer boots at the speeds you set.

Back