• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flight Simulator 2004

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTac02

I love this game, so i set up my whole rig just to play it decently so i got:

p4 2.4c @ stock
1gb ddr266
fx5950 ultra 256mb

I wana optimize everything to play this game, anyone know of a guide or something? This game rocks.

This game is really CPU dependant more than anything. If you can get your CPU speeds up a bit higher you might notice a bit more performance than just a videocard OC.

What do you do in FS2004, I like to see how much better it got but I get bored after 5min of playing it.

Or a strong side wind, with a wet runway.
With zero visibility, forcing you into an ILS approach.
With other traffic to watch out for.

Don't just fly around, make it a challenge.
Find a real flight and try to fly it on time.
I like flying in nice places, alaska, the desert, etc..

Exactly what Quattro said. If you just fly around with no real purpose, of course youre gonna get bored. Try flying some of the tuturials to learn some of the skills in flight and navigation.

I'll install it again and try it out, it's about the only game I have where I'm not killing anyone or street racing.

I like visiting exotic locales. It's amazing how they got a lot of details. I like going from philly to New York, or fly around las vegas, and visiting Puerto Rico. My aunt is a flight attendent and I showed her this game and she was pretty impressed. I never did any of the tutorials, or missions or anything. I think I might install it again too.

Hehe N1vek215, I was flying around your area the other day when Hurricane Charlie came through. Forgot to mention you can download current weather anywhere in the world and fly in the current conditions at that place, and I must say that flying in a hurricane in a simulation is tough.

Heres a nice place to find approach plates and the like for when you guys are flying IFR and have to land in limited visibility. Just type in the airports four letter identifier (e.g. Sacramento International = KSMF, all mainland US airports start with a K followed by three others such as SFO for San Francisco Intl or SAN for San Diego) and it should give you a list of the "maps" for that given airport for you to use in Flight Sim.

http://www.aeroplanner.com/flightplanning/approachplates.cfm

N1vek215 said:
I like visiting exotic locales. It's amazing how they got a lot of details. I like going from philly to New York, or fly around las vegas, and visiting Puerto Rico. My aunt is a flight attendent and I showed her this game and she was pretty impressed. I never did any of the tutorials, or missions or anything. I think I might install it again too.

yes... I love flying around Las Vegas.

Not meaning to crash the party (I can just hear people firing up their flamethrowers) but the real thing, mm, much more difficult. Can't say I've been all around the world, though...

Thats part of the fun of flight simming. Im not saying that its fun for everyone or anything, just certain people, but when you really get into it sometimes, its quite rewarding. You learn about the basics of flight and navigation, and to me its very interesting.

Try flying to where i live (kelp) or el paso international airport,at night and landing on runway 22 coming from the west. Its hard to avoid the mountains. Many of my passengers have died because you cant see the mountains until you crash. Too bad i cant play because i lost disk 4 and cant install.

Have you tried doing the Microsoft Freebies in the Cyberdeals section? If you get enough points, you can get FS9 for free. BTW, flew the KELP NDB approach last night and it was pretty challenging.

I've got to re-install this game.
My dad is like the uber-expert at this game, he works in aviation so he has an interest.
He has flown real planes and he reckons it is so realistic it's near perfect.

Is there anyway to simulate g-forces on the body?

Back