• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Msn probs with Suse?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mystypiy

Maybe this is a stupid question that's obvious to everyone else or something, but I'm having trouble connecting to msn through Linux (I'm using Suse 9.1 Pro). The problem I'm having is that I cannot log on to msn. I get a dial tone, it dials, but msn tells me that the screen name and password are incorrect. Is this normal with Linux? Is there something special I have to do because I'm using a linux box? I've checked both the name and password a dozen times, so they are correct. Please let me know.

you have to add something for direct connections. something like msn/username or something like that. call msn help and they will walk you through it, or they should but since your using linux they might trip out

Thanks CrazyP! That was exactly what I needed to do!

I called the MSN technical support and talked to the Mac people. The guy I talked to said that I need to type MSN/username instead of just username. That solved my problem. Thanks. :)

Back