• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with overclocking!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tandynor

Ive got a Lanparty b mobo, 2600+ amd barton 333mhz, and 512mb pc3200 mushkin memory. Ive also got the KOOLANCE watercooling case. right now I am running 10.5 X 200. my chip runs about 2100ghz. the voltage in the bios says 1.75, and my memory timings are set to optimal. I havnt messed with the timings or voltages on the memory because I dont know what to do. How fast and safe should the 2600+ Run? Ive been running it like this for about 8 months now and had no problems, but ive seen people go faster on air. any tips? or settings I could change? I have the 1/21 drivers.

One more question, does getting a seperate sound card work like a graphics card? will the sound card take some load off the CPU like for gaming and stuff? thanks for your help.

ok.. i am gona be fast befor someone beats me here..

i dont relly understand what cpu u have.. is it a mobile or just a xp2600+..

getting a soundcard maybe better.. it does not take load off the cpu but more the south bridge ..and a little from the northbride i think .. sometimes u get better sound too from a card then the mobo.

you could try changing your mem times to something like 3-3-3-11.... btw cas means nothing anymore. it can maybe get you an extra 100 points on a few benchmarks.

thanks for the fast reply. Ive got the xp2600+ non-mobile. memory is mushkin level 1 512mb pc3500 sorry.

well your memory should be able to operate at 217 mhz being that it is pc3500. What you could do now is try raising the fsb to match your rams stock speeds. I have heard that dfi boards can do pretty well as far as getting decent fsb speeds and your vcore sounds high enough to be able to keep another 100mhz or so stable, if not more. Try raising your fsb a few mhz at a time and see where that gets you!

another thing, My 2600xp at stock is 11.5 X 166=1910 vcore was like 1.65. does that make a difference? all ive done is raise the vcore up a bit and upped the fsb to 200mhz, and lowered the multiplier to be safe.

something like 3-3-3-11....
The problem with that phrase is the DFI sisters normally do not 'like' cas3 at all and barf unless it is some really crappy memory and has a for sure SPD of Cas3 or something like it. The quickest way to corrupt the bios on any of 3 of the four DFI sisters I have had is to try and boot cas3.

You must have unlocked non-mobile made before 0339 of last year or you could not change the multiplier. You need to do some searches and such because to up the FSB very much you will need to up the memory volts and manually set the ram timings or the first thing you know you will have keyed in some weird memory timing and bingo bios will be corrupt and you dead in the water without spare flashed bios chip; bios savior or another mobo close at hand to "hot flash" the corrupted bios chip. Just so you know. jess1313 is doing a fine couple of threads about bios chips and corruption and they are truly 'must read'.

Sincerely, RGone...

Last edited:
Back