• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got my new toys from the UPS man!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mleeber

Registered
Got my Mobile 2600, Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe, Seagate 160 GB, and my other stuff and I now have my new machine setup. I have loaded the basics and am trying to get the OC tweaked. Currently I am running at 11x 200 but I cannot figure out how to go past 200 (400FSB). 200 is the highest setting in the cmos. The machine has no problems at 200 even with the 2 sticks of cheap PNY 2700 RAM. I am hoping to get this to about 220.

The temp is at 39 degrees with a Volcano 7+ that I took out of my old system. I expect this will get even better once the AS5 sets up.

Any suggestions on how I get past 200?

Thanks!
Mark

On an old ABIT board I used to have, there was a jumper that changed the FSB to a default of 66/100/133. When the jumper was switched from default (100) to 133 there was higher FSB selections in the BIOS to chose from. Maybe this is the strategy you might ned to take?

I found the section in the BIOS. Apparently once you tell the BIOS to use manual settings it unlocks another section of values from 200 to 300. The problem I am having now is that, although I thought the RAM was running at 200mhz, the BIOS has an auto setting that runs the RAM at a percentage of FSB. Any ideas how to find out what the RAM is running at? CPU-Z shows FSB at 400 but I know the RAM is running at less than that.

Thanks!

well does'nt cpuz tell you what the ram is running at under the memory tab? what divider are you using in the bios? if you tell me that i can tell you what your ram is runnning at.

Well now I feel stupid! You're right! CPU-Z has a memory tab that tells me the RAM is running at 167.1 mhz. It is PNY PC 2700 so I guess it is right where it is supposed to be around 333. I wonder how robust the Asus Auto bios setting is. Do you think there is room to push this RAM harder or has the BIOS got it figured out?

Also, I have not purchased my new video card yet. I will be getting an AIW 9800 Pro so I am probably wasting my time trying to OC until I get that????

Back