• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Probs running firefox on Suse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mystypiy

I recently installed Suse 9.1 Pro on my Windows XP pro box (dual-booting), but when I installed Firefox, I never found any icon with which I could run the application. I know this seems like a very stupid question, but how do I run Firefox or get an icon on the desktop or something in Linux?

type the command- firefox

I'd start by updaing your menus. KDE has a tool for this in the System portion of the menu. Once its in your menu its easy to create a quicklaunch or desktop icon for it by right-clicking the quicklaunch part of the kicker or by right-clicking the desktop, respectively.

You can also manually create a menu entry by using kmenuedit (under System menu also, and in the Desktop > Panels section of the control center as well).

I had the same problem but its in your startmenu thing under browsers.Right below Konqueror. :)

Back