• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

shrinking dvd's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PLOBBY

does anyone know of a program tht can shrink my video files there in a .avi format and nero says tere to big to shrink themself and dvd2one isnt working with .avi and neither is dvd shrink so im confused...one of them is 5.68 gb and aanother is 5.23 i need to get it down to 4.7 and i dont have a dvd9 drive so help would be appreciated

i dno what i film and i load it on it comes in .avi :S i dno if its just a setting on the camera or what

Okay, let me get this straight. You have a video camera that records Digital video into .avi format? Okay, what you need to do is convert it to DVD format. I would suggest taking a visit to http://www.dvdrhelp.com. They will tell you how to convert. It's not that had, I have had to do it myself. I used one of the programs that also had a combined function with TmpGENC or whatever it's called. Quality turned out wonderfully. Be warned, with my computer, it took about 3.5 hours to convert something that was originally 30 minutes. Sleeping time is a good time to do that.

After that, it should fit. A DVD 4.7 holds 2 hours of digital video....I really don't think you have a home video that big.

sorry its for "dont know", but i found out what i needed to know

Back