• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sata help.. a7n8x deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yo4444

I'm thinking about getting a SATA drive for my a7n8x deluxe, and need to know how to get it up and running, if it takes anything besides installing sata friendly bios, enabling it in bios, sata drivers and hooking it up...
Can y'all help me out?
the drive is a hitachi 80gig sata150...

Don't forget to press F6 when first installing windows (you'll see the prompt-I'm assuming you're going to be using XP) to load the drivers from a floppy.

Actually i will be using xp ,... so I need the sata drivers on a floppy? bootable?

The floppy doesn't need to be bootable, since you'll actually be booting from the XP CD like normal. Just the sata drivers on it will be fine.

Make sure you also put the invisible system files on the floppy, that goofed me up for a while and a few other people, and flash your bios before you put the sata drive in if you plan on upgrading....because when I flashed my bios after it corrupted my new sata hd and I had to reformat and load everything again. Don't know for sure if its a awdflash bug or not but it bummed me out and everything worked fine before and after so it wasn't equipment failure.

Back