• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to make my case quiter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infiniteq

Registered
I currently have the Antec Sonata with the Zalman Reserator cooling system. I still need to run 120mm fans to keep NB/SB and memory cool and my Raptors are quite noisy. What should I use to insulate the inside of my case? I've heard that adding any sound-dampening material can lead to heat build-up. If this is the case I'd be happy to put a blowhole with a quiet 120mm to make up for it. What do you guys think is my best solution?

If it is the vibration from the Raptors that is causing the noise then some rubber gromets or a HD suspension system will solve that problem.

If it is the noise of the drive doing its job that is annoying you then maybe you should look into building a HD enclosure if you have the room in your case.

I used melamine sound deadening foam on mine, it worked great. Ambient temps went up maybe 1.5 degrees. Sound went waaaaay down. The stuff is cheap and easy to work with too.

Back