• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Shuttle AN35N Ultra 400, 08/18/04 Bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoHack

Registered
Has anyone loaded this new bios, an35s00q.bin, 08/18/04 release, on their AN35N Ultra400 m/b, and if so, are there any noticable improvements or negatives?

It is noted that the release is for the support of the new AMD K7 Sempron CPU, but is that all?

I haven't seen any discussions about the new bios.

Thx.

No additional performance tweaks that I know of & one potential hindrance depending on how high you OC. They've added a Thermal Throttling option now which can be activated at a certain tempature which will cause the MoBo to start inserting empty processing cycles into the flow to reduce the CPU & system temps. If you have very good cooling this may not occur though most OCers will disable this option in BIOS.

Regards, Balrog

No Problem!

I'm still using the "G" version of the BIOS , which was the first to give you the missing multis & I can run 220FSB no problem. I have friends that have tried most of the updates & they all have switched back to "G" as they found the most stabiltiy at high OCs using this version, "L" version seems to be the next most popular.

Good Luck!

Regards, Balrog

Balrog said:
No Problem!

I'm still using the "G" version of the BIOS , which was the first to give you the missing multis & I can run 220FSB no problem. I have friends that have tried most of the updates & they all have switched back to "G" as they found the most stabiltiy at high OCs using this version, "L" version seems to be the next most popular.

Good Luck!

Regards, Balrog

Mine came w/"L", and I am running 10x 220MHz, or 2.2 GHz, using a XP-M 2200+. That's the best I can run and still run Prime95.

Is "G" a lot better, and if so, where can I get a copy?

Thx

If your getting 220FSB stable then flashing to "G" probably won't get you anything & isn't worth the hassle & risk of a bad flash IMHO.

I'll look around & see if I can locate it, Shuttle's site just seems to have the "Q" version.

Regards, Balrog

yeah their kind of screenshot happy over there.but they have had some pretty impressive fsb #'s.whenever i get the urge to replace this board with an ABIT or DFI I just head over there to remind myself that its not the board holding me back but my other componets.
back to the topic at hand I keep hopeing that they will release a BIOS that will address the issue with my HyperX.I don't think it is going to happen though.

I think you're right, at this point probably not likely.

I'm keeping my eye on the new Epox 8RDA6+ Pro to see if they pick-up the OCs on that a bit, ~225FSB currently, if they can get 230FSBs I think I'll bite, integrated SATA\RAID controller now - finally - Hardware Firewall & Gigabit Ethernet. I've heard Abit & Gigabyte are planning new GB NB Socket A MoBos as well.

I figure that w\ a small Raptor SATA HDD for my OS & my WD800JB for progs\games\music & I'll be all set until mid-2005, when we'll hopefully have some decently priced 939 products & a semi de-bugged 64bit OS to go with them.

Regards, Balrog

Back