• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new system os transfer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
i have a kt7a witha duron 1200 and want to switch it to my new a643200 k8v combo, both have via as far as i can see..... i have been able to switch between my old server k6-2 and aduron before, but not sure with the a64.. for right now im burning everything i can off that i needed to, and will try on another hd to see, but do any of you think this will work? or am i going to need another fresh install..

its xp pro, file and tranfer wizard? ill have to look that up

eedit, lookedd it up, it doesnt have the progs installed onyl files,, i might as well just use another hd....

Last edited:
their are many different programs to make an image with, yeah i just used maxbalst frommaxtor to make a clone in windows,, i hate using the dos based ones, done, gonna try it in the new sys and see...

it makes a copy of the hd, EVERYTHING in that is the registery,, yeah i did it, and seemed when booting into windows xp it says windows activiation required, and no keyboard or mouse,, ugh guess its a new os for me...

Back