• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG Where's my computer? Does it still work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Electron Chaser

Senior Delta Fanatic
I hate having bad dreams, I had a dream last night woke me out of a dead sleep.

For some reason I was pulling the HS and CPU. The CPU was stuck to the bottom of the HS, so I carefully use my fingers and attempt to remove it. It suddenly pops off and twists in my fingers whic then proceed to bend half the pins on the chip. So I freak out and I attempt to bend them all back, but as I bend each one back into place they snap off.

At this point I wake up, wondering if it is a dream, So I immediately head for the office turn on the PC. I'm immediately soothed as the PC boots, I play a little Need for Speed Underground, then I go back to bed for a restful nights sleep.

I think I got issues, LOL

Man... when's the last time you heard someone say they had a nightmare about their computer dieing... I mean death, rape, extreme phobias that are the result of problems.

SewerBeing said:
I think it shows a very nice relationship between you and your computer... On a more serious note, interesting dream you had there. how far is the office away from your bed??

Other side of the house. LOL

i have WIERD dreams...AND a girlfriend...i can remember EVERY aspect of my dreams..she tried to interpret them...got aggervated cuz theyre too real, and too descriptive....tried getting me to some psycic lady who like freaked out...

Xenocide said:
go get a girlfriend :D

I would but my wife might get upset, women are funny that way. LOL

Obviously I must be spending to much time talking to you guys. If I'm starting to dream about this stuff now.

Bah, nothing wrong with that. I had a dream I got a 3ghz OC out of my paly 2000+ before, but I didn't remember it well enough like he did or I would have posted.

Glad to hear things are OK with the rig, and maybe the next one will be a happier one, like mine :D

Ive had worse.

A few nights ago(durring the hurricane) I was laying on the couch at about 2am, and I kept seeing shadow corps(splintercell) guys crawling spyderman style on the walls, and I WASNT asleep. We had no power and the candles were out, but I swore I saw them trying to jack my TV. I lit all the candles in the house and was finaly able to get to sleep.

I never remember any of my dreams, and any dreams that I do remember are all nightmares. All of my nightmares usually end w/ me dying, which is when I wake up (freaky? weird? i heard its normal for nightmares to end that way though...). Anyways, I don't usually play till late in the night, but whenever I do, you better believe my nightmares gotta do with games. Somtimes I dream about running around with a rocket launcher blasting people away like in UT2004, but the thing is, everything is so REAL its scary! Oh man, Doom 3 is the WORST. I think a few nights ago I had a dream about blasting zombies with a shotgun...ugh freaky.

I just had a dream like that, I read some story about someone screwing up their regesty with java before I went to sleep. I drempt I uninstalled java and my machine would hang on the white win2k loading screen with a message that said cannot load javaVM version 1.42_5. Then I reformatted and it showed the same message and again and agian untill I woke up.

To me it seems normal to have dreams about something you build from the desk up and have loads of money invested in it. Just like a wife... ( paaaalllease don't let my wife see this post..)

Back