• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooking TBIRD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbell

the real xtremesys admin in exile
I ran sisoft Sandra on my system after O/Cing my comp - it says that my CPU which is running at 113F is too hot. Is this true? Is that too hot? Doesn't seem liek it to me... but being a newbie I am probably wrong. Any suggestions?

EPOX 8KTA3+
1Ghz AXIA@1395Mhz (155*9)
512Mb PC133@155Mhz

Man that sucks - i set my bios @ 117/37/off and my multipler at 9 and i get an overclock fail error on my bootup - that mean i am unable to o/c at that speed? which of coarse is not even close to your settings - by far

j5 is set at 100 - the defualt. should i move that to 133

Just remember if you're going to raise the fsb to 133 you'll need to lower the multiplier and reboot to make sure it's taken effect before moving the jumper - 7.5 would be a good place to start, that'll keep everything in spec.

i have a kt7e ... and i was wondering if it is possible to change to 133 as well altough i think its not possible ... i would just like to know
duron 750 @ 883 and rising @ 1.75v

ok here is where I stand...

I am @ 110/47/off
multiplier is at x9.5
if I go to x9 I get an overclock fail on boot up.
ALSO if I switch my FSB to 133 I get two beeps off the MOBO and no bootup period! Thsi is very frustrating, and it has to be easier than this I gained overall 10-20% total system performance but come on we all know AMD is capable of more...

So what do I do?
do I drop my vcore power or add to it?
what about my vagp and my vio settings do I add or subtract from those?

Last edited:
Will do - but not tonight it is 20 after 2am here - I have work tomorrow...er.. today now. and I will let you know what happens.

Thanks

also... have you flashed your BIOS? if so what stepping?

I'm running the latest BIOS, don't ask me what version (not at home just now) but it's dated June I think.

Also just a thought, might be an idea to clear your cmos after setting j5. Plus going by your above speed '110/47/off' damn your PCI setting is high :)

We're meaning your PCI speed - 47 in your other post, that's pretty damn high, my HDD will play up like hell if I hit 40 (39 at the mo')

Or thinking about it, is it a typo? did you mean 37, that would make more sense actually.

Last edited:
I just fired up the comp - it is 110/37/off
multiplier is x11.5
vcore - defualt
vagp - +.1v
vio - +15v

vcore on defualt
multiplier on x7.5
jp5 on 133

two beep warning - no boot up

set jp5 back to 100 and i get an overclock fail from the multiplier being @ x7.5

Last edited:
Back