• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA help needed again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Contra

i have a problem witj my SATA drive

i finally got it formated and now it is recognized
by windows and i assigned a letter to it but i want to use it as my main
drive and it wount let me
i tried to install windows on it by itself(i restarted the comp without the IDE drive)
and booted up windows from the disc
got to the point where i would hit enter to install but it says no disc found

any suggestions?

Keep the other HDDs removed from the system. Boot to the install CD. Hit F6 to install SCSI/RAID drivers. When prompted, insert the floppy disk containing the controller drivers and follow the prompts till you can format and install.

The drivers must be on floppy for this step. If none are available, then you can slipstream the driver into a Windows installation, but this is more involved.

I have had problems with three sata installs, let me tell you haow to do it.

first off get access to a secound computer with a floppy drive, its the only way to do this, assuming that the drivers given are on a cd and youy have to find the right driver.

now since most of the instructionsa re really bvad I would call the tech support and ask them what exactly needs to be coppied onto the floppy.

now go to the computer that you are instlling windoews on, set the boot to cdrom first and then blank all the way down, your computer doesn't know about your other hdd yet.

now isntall windows, DO NOT press F6! wait, after about 10-20 minutes an error screen wil tell you that no mass torage device were found you have to tell it that you have a driver for the storage, (DO NOT PRESS THE INGORE OPTION!) Now put in the floppy, it may work it may not, most of the manufacutres do not know which dirvers to use, so you may have to load a lot of diffrent drivers on that floppy before you can get one to work. When windoze excepts a driver then you are good to go!

whoever said:
I have had problems with three sata installs, let me tell you haow to do it.

first off get access to a secound computer with a floppy drive, its the only way to do this, assuming that the drivers given are on a cd and youy have to find the right driver.

now since most of the instructionsa re really bvad I would call the tech support and ask them what exactly needs to be coppied onto the floppy.

now go to the computer that you are instlling windoews on, set the boot to cdrom first and then blank all the way down, your computer doesn't know about your other hdd yet.

now isntall windows, DO NOT press F6! wait, after about 10-20 minutes an error screen wil tell you that no mass torage device were found you have to tell it that you have a driver for the storage, (DO NOT PRESS THE INGORE OPTION!) Now put in the floppy, it may work it may not, most of the manufacutres do not know which dirvers to use, so you may have to load a lot of diffrent drivers on that floppy before you can get one to work. When windoze excepts a driver then you are good to go!

I would strongly recommend getting the latest manufacturer provided floppy disk image from the manufacturer's site and hitting F6 to install SCSI/RAID drivers. If the controller is on the MB, then the driver image wil also be located on the driver CD. After you hit F6, windows will continue to load the files and then prompt for the disk. I have never seen a prompt come up later in the installation process without hitting F6. Typically, an error message will come up the there are no storage devices attached, please check your hardware and reboot.

ok i solved it lol

i used ghost(norton)

and i cloned it all over to the sata drive worked like a charm

Back