• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3D Mark 2005

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm... it'll be really intersting to see what this GT can do. With everything tweaked and maxed out, I get around 13000 in 03 and more than 25000 in 2001. Can't wait to see what this thing can do :)

I'm not someone who likes to benchmark a lot, but it's always nice when they release a new version so I can drool over the eye candy.

I just hope it will run fast enough so it isn't a slide show. *remembers running '03 on my ti 4200* :cry:

man... I think my 9800xt still could'nt run the nature test in 03 without lag. i hate to imagine what 05 is going to be like on cards like that. I just wish more games looked as good as the tests in 03 though. i mean... im sure there are a lot of games i havent played but the nature test in 03 is just so amazing. for that to be real time is just a real kicker and im sure we still wont see games as detailed untill like... 05/06?
I dont mean like half life 2 or doom 3 with their amazing use of lighting and shaders. creating a living breathing outdoor scape is ten times harder... cant wait for the mmorpgs that finally use this technology. oh man.

I doubt we will see more than 5k with x800xt initally but once the r500s come out we may see 8 to 10k. also 2001 isnt going anywhere soon i hope, the admin even said theres no plans to kill 2001 off

Possible screenshots

These screens are watermarked from d-cross.com, which on checking out has apparently taken down the pictures at Futuremark's request (babelfished article here). Definatly sounds like the real thing, but even if they aren't, it's real purdy ;)

JigPu

Last edited:
Overclocker550 said:
god those graphics are breathtaking but 2001 is still my fav cause its the best representation of games
Is '01 at all relevant any more? With 1/4 of the tests using dx8, I don't see how it is a good representation of todays games anymore.

Depends on what you play ;) It may not be the best representation of today games (heck, it's a terrible one for that IMO! :p), but it's fairly average for what can be found browsing your local Wal-Mart I think :D

JigPu

all games are cpu limited, you may break 10k in 3dmark 2003 with an x800xt and an xp2500 barton but that little cpu power wont run todays games very smoothly, I can assure you this. meanwhile my a64 and say a 9700 pro getting 6k in 2003 will run games way smoother as long as I dont go crazy and use 1600x1200 high details

Overclocker550 said:
all games are cpu limited, you may break 10k in 3dmark 2003 with an x800xt and an xp2500 barton but that little cpu power wont run todays games very smoothly, I can assure you this. meanwhile my a64 and say a 9700 pro getting 6k in 2003 will run games way smoother as long as I dont go crazy and use 1600x1200 high details

IMHO,
outside farcry is CPU limited, but indoor it's video card limited do to it's extensive shaders and high res textures...as well as it's bump mapping. ;)

mica

different areas of the game may be more gpu limited than other areas but my cpu guarantees I wont ever be cpu limited and the 9500np im getting, if faster than my ti4200 will have ample power for 1024x768 to 1600x1200 depending on the game. else ill use my ti4200 if its the faster card and only use my 9500 for dx9

overclocker you cant even make a desicision without having owned both and tested both cards. Farcry is cpu limited yes, but it runs reasonable well when i had my old softmodded r9500. My r9700pro has no problems with it.

my 9500 should come monday then I can test it thru farcry. I think my ti4200 is gonna be faster unless my 9500np softmods but ill findout for sure

Back