• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem after running Driver Cleaner, help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

I uninstalled my NVidia drivers then ran Driver Cleaner with the Nvidia filter. After it was done cleaning I get a message from windows saying

'Windows File Protection'
Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain stability Windows must restore the original versions.
Insert your now.

Thats what it says, and I assume 'insert your now' means my windows xp CD? Do I really need to replace these files?

Anyone get this message before?

Ok, I ran sfc /scannow just incase but it didn't do anything after the scan to my knowledge...

Yeah,no problem with Nvidia files but I did run into serious trouble with realtech AC97
After I cleaned them out to use a creative card.When I wanted to go back to the onboard sound,I did need the XP disk to install the drivers again.They wouldnt install without adding a file from the disk.
Just a heads up.

Back