• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Started playing Need for Speed III again.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zazuk

I started to play NFSIII again, I had forgotten how much I like racing games, so what is the best new racing game? Also I'm thinking about getting a steering wheel and peddles any recommendations don’t think I want any force feed back.

All the new NFS games suck.
Race Driver 2 is pretty much the nuts at the moment, especially if you have a decent wheel & speakers. If you put it in simulation mode it's even better.

Plus if you can some where find a set of pedals with 3 pedals you can use the clutch.
Some very nice cars on this game, driving the e-type around Bathhurst is an amazing experience!

Hmm I think the best steering wheel out there is from those thrustmaster guys.. They have that "licened by ferrari" thing goin..
Maaaaaan I miss NFS3 ! I really liked that game, its the one that introducted playing the cop with a Lamborghini Diablo, god damn I miss that game :D

I liked the NFS after III, I think it was called NFS: High Stakes.
That was very good.

I liked being the police in the BMW M5 chasing a Camaro or something.

So much fun, but the graphics and frame rate wasn't very good.
It won't even run on my current machine for some reason!

The Logitech MOMO is currently the best wheel that isn't several hundred dollars (you can get very high quality custom built wheels if you're willing to pay). And if you don't like FF, you can always turn it down or all the way off. Either with the wheel software or in-game. I personally like it, and the auto-centering is always good. It kind of gives you the feeling that you actually have to steer hard for hard turns, which does add realism. However, the pedals do not work well at all on hardwood floors. They keep tipping forward. They're extremely good on carpet though.

I personally loved Porche Unleashed...I've never played Hight Stakes...

Anyone know if either (or preferably both) games are XP compatable? I know PU wasn't 2000 compatable.

I also love NFS III. I downloaded a program called Vivedit, which allowed you to edit the cars...made some very fast ones. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is pretty fun also. I love the McClaren F1.

Damn Zazuk, now I have to dust off NFS III and try it out again. BTW, thanks for not calling me back all weekend jerk!

Anyone know if the Gran Turismo series from the consoles has been ported to PC, and if so if they are any good? They always looked pretty good on the consoles.

Speaking of driving games.
anyone know of a game like the old Gran Turismo for PS1 & 2
That is for the PC?
for some reason... NFS High Stakes and Hot Pursuit 2 didn't really blow my dress up...

GT1 & GT2 are pretty crap. GT3 is quite good.
But Race Driver2 is deffinatly worth trying if you like cars and driving fast.

Tall_Dallas said:
Speaking of driving games.
anyone know of a game like the old Gran Turismo for PS1 & 2
That is for the PC?
for some reason... NFS High Stakes and Hot Pursuit 2 didn't really blow my dress up...

Besides the NFS series, the only other racing series I've played is the Test Drive series.

imo grand turismo 2 is the best driving game ive ever played...i played it for about 4 months non stop with a friend who i was living with at the time...it was very fun.

I played GT3 for months with my friend and it was also very fun.
But if you look at the graphics on GT3 now they aren't that special, even the physics isn't that good. I driven (breifly) a few cars from there and some don't feel right at all.

The Audi TT for example, handles crap on GT3 when in real life it is actually fairly quick and responsive.

I have heard about some rally type race games, but don't have a clue of the titles. Any ideas on some more rally style racing games?

Colin Mcrae 3 is a great rally racing game I believe that its only available from Codemasters website if you live in the states. Kills MS's Rally game.

Shawn

Back