• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios FLASH(word?) button

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slaya

Hey, could I wire a butotn to reset/flash my bios. The three pins with the jumper on it, it's kind of hard to acess with my pump being in front of it and was wondering if I could solder/wire a button onto it?

yeah, it woulde to be a toggle switch, so when the switch is down it closes the two pins that are normally closed and when its up it closes the other two, but it can be done.

I wouldnt recommend it though. For one thing, im not sure what happens if you turn it on with the jumper in the wrong position, or if you switch it while its on... but i dont think its a good thing.

one other thing... flashing the bios is when you update it to a newer bios version... what your talking about is clearing the cmos (i figured by your title you wernt really sure on this).

AH ok thanks :) I guess I won't do it then. I was thinking of using a button (like the on/off button to power the pc) so that i wouldn't accedently leave it on the wrong position rather I would have to press it to *reset*

Back