• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory voltage affecting x800 stability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

medo145

i enabled the extra 4 pipes of my x800 and flashed the bios to x800xt pe
if i have my ram voltage set to 3.2v then i get artifacts but if i turn it down to 3.06v then i don't
does anybody know why that is happening and is there a way i can run my ram at 3.2v and still have my card overclocked and get no artifacts?

What ram are you talking bout? ram on your card or ram on your board?......I think it's mostly heat coz you got a strong psu goin on....

If you card is overcloked then I guess you have to pull back a little, you need a lot of power to run the 800x overcloked as well as ram @ 3.2. Now did you have this problem before you flashed the bios???

i'm talking about the ram on my board. it's not a heat issue because i got a big fan pointed to the side of the pc and i dont think its the rails because the card has it's own molex plug coming directly from the psu and the memory draws the voltage from the board i assume since i modded the thing so i can adjust it manually. the board only gives it 2.5v initially.
before i unloscked the extra 4 pipes i tested the card on 520 core and 560 memory and at that time i had 3.4v on my memory, which i didnt know i did i moved it by accident. i noticed the heat on the ram and turned it down to 3.2v. i had no artifacts. then i proceeded to do the flashing. enabled extra 4 pipes then flashed it to ati 800xt pe bios. it ran doom 3 without a flaw for some strange reasong. when i test for artifacts in the ati tool they are everywhere. increased the voltage on the card from 1.36v to 1.45v, that didn't help. so then i decided to turn down the voltage on my ram and no artifacts, but i need like 3.2v or 3.15v to have my system stable with the oc im running. when i go to 3.2v is the ram taking away voltage from the card and if so how can i get around that. i don't mind soldiering anything anywhere

any suggestions?

board does it automatically as soon as u boot up with more thant 134fsb
i don't recall there being an option to do it manually

Back