• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My HTGEPC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tbones1337

My HTGEPC (with PICS NOW!)

Home
Theater
Gaming &
Emulator
PC

Im in the middle of a mod. The following is the innards:
-2500+ barton core, on a Asus A7v8x-x (stock speed)
-768mb of PC2100 RAM running at 329mhz
-Radeon 9200
-Voodoo TV 200
-40gb HD
-DVD and CD-RW for watching dvds and burning vcds.

It a mix of cases, I have my old raidmax case.. which was originally black.
http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/cases/raidmax/Raidmax268-278/images/overall_L.jpg

Except mine had only a fan grille on the side, no window.. anyways. Im planning on taking 1/4inch plywood and using those as case panels. Then with the scrap wood, i have a character from UT2004, which is going to rest on the plywood with the same outline as the char, and be on the bottom front panel..

No pics at the moment, this is just and introduction/preview without any current shots..

Tommorow, the side panel #2 will be cut and then both will be painted... not sure which color.. the top is brushed metal.. and i might make it a dark color.. Willing to take suggestions for side colors.

For side panel color sugg., the top is not black i used a wire brush and it looks like brushed metal, and then the front panel is still black..

Tommorow (aka SUnday), I WILL HAVE PICS... Where do you find a gaming and a HT pc in one.. well from me, tbone

Here.... are the pics you been wanting/waiting for...

My CD-RW, Painted Black.. and the tray too:
3yiqa

My kb painted black and the front panel, before the bondo stuff..:
3yiqo

The spray paint i used, from home depot, this is flat black.. 98 cents a can!! (turn your head to see this)
3yir9

my front panel, what it will look like... (turn your head for this too)
3yiz5

So, this is the pics so far.. More to come, since i have the putty stuff drying and then i can spray the front panel... Then once the panels done, the sides will be put on and ill have pics of that.. soon

Last edited:
update (day 2)

Im gonna get pics once the paint has dried..

Currently im working on the PSU painting and then the router on the side panels..

Pics in 45 minutes... i think..

Can you resize pics and possibley rotate some? Ppl with dial-up are not gonna like the huge images. Good work so far tho. What are you gonna use bondo for?

More pics..

The putty/bondo is to cover the plywood that i cut to cover the holes in the front panel and 3.5 inch bays... now the PICS:

Front panel.. finally finished:
3zjt1

The top.. that switch resting on top, goes into that hole near it and thats the 120vAC input switch..
3zjtx

my Gamepad controller (not modded yet)
3zjuv

The comp with the HT part of the equation:
3zjvc

^ In that pic, its my printer, panasonic DVD, Toshiba VCR (videocam transfers) then i have a pair of bunny ear anntennas for tv.. all that connects to my voodooTV 200...

Thats all for now, possibly tommorow, which will be thurs. i will have shots of it in action and the panels and wires done...

Is that big space going to stay in the face plate? I am curious.

Also can you get a clearer shot of the top. Its hard to see how the finish is on it after you rubbed it with a wirebrush.

i will.. but that atm, is dirty.... very dirty... needs to be redone...

also more pics in a couple minutes

Update... I finally got solder... and have gotten one of my switches on top to control the big fan the other for my DVD drive and soon soldering up the HD and Power Lights...

update: the ending steps.

Pics:

Heres the lights.. the eyes, are the power (both should be working but i need to fix the one closer to the gun and the gun tip with the red LED is the IDE light:
4dz7p

and heres a close up (sorry for the bluriness its dark in my room and flash will wash out the shot.. but you can see only one eye works.. i need to fix that:

4dzbr

Those are the pics for now.. im so exausted and such today, this is all.. Enjoy.

-Das Bein.

Last edited:
New mod and pics..

Spray painted the monitor BLACK.. while still in one piece.. i at least covered the glass.. nothing else though..

Pics:

Here it is, laying in the shade drying in about 74 degrees heat... notice that excellent can of Diet Coke (Caffiene Free):

4fgiw

Now time to see if it still works.

*crosses fingers for monitor* lol. I like how the gun tip flashes red, kinda like the flash from when a rifle is fired, unless you got a flash hider. :) The green eyes are cool too, kinda makes me think Terminator, just in a UT skin. :D

heh.. the monitor works.. ironically so sprayin with a half can of 98 cent spray paint from home depot works. i made sure to lightly coat it and not have it get "drippy" so thin layers and also the sun would dry it fast and layer again..

Back