• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recommend a decent budget PSU+CASE ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hungryhungry123

Registered
Hi
After my last vertically challenged PSU with shoddy, broken case, i thought id spend more than 11.99 GBP on the replacement.

however, i realised that as a budget PC, with only a DVD Rom and 1 hard drive, i dont want a huge tower with 11 drive bays and a powerful PSU.

so can anyone recommend something for this -

barton 2500
nf7
ti4200
80gig 8mb cache
512 ddr

which is relatively small, sturdy, and with a good enough airflow to oc the barton? preferably id like it to be under 30 pounds.

thanks

I have 2 of THESE One of them I upgraded the powersupply with THIS Nice solid case with a drive cover and thumb screws for the side panels and decent cooling. You can use a 92mm in the back and it has a place for an 80 in the front. The stock power supply is not bad just dont add a bunch of drives or high power video cards and it will be fine. The one I have with the stock power supply has been running 24/7 since January.

Every body has a $$$$ to spend, never short cut your self on a p/s. It is the begining and all of everything in your tower. Be picky your puter is worth it.

The Antec SLK3700BQE is a very nice case with excellent air-flow...The 350watt power supply that comes in it is kinda whimpy but much better than cases cases from less popular or lesser known manufacturers.

just don't go for a cheap power supply. I did and had to buy another one. didn't save any money that way!

Aspire X-Gear, cool case, very cheap (55$ CDN) and nice air flow (lateral fan and top fan).

Power supply, aerocool aeropower 550W. see specs below.

burt_go said:
just don't go for a cheap power supply. I did and had to buy another one. didn't save any money that way!

Aspire X-Gear, cool case, very cheap (55$ CDN) and nice air flow (lateral fan and top fan).

Power supply, aerocool aeropower 550W. see specs below.

Agree 100%.

It amazes me how some people will spend big bucks for top RAM and
Mobo, then buy a cheap PSU. :rolleyes: :eh?:

Fortron are the best PSU for the money IMhO.

well I changed my ram afterwards too :D
learned a lot in the past 6 months!

wow, lots of help here. thanks for all the replies.

after browsing through them, ive struggled to find companies which do some cases you mentioned in the UK (specifically the Evercase), but ive ended up going with the Chieftec Dragon from ebuyer -

-

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55553

£28 plus VAT

As for the PSU, and i know i will get a bit of flak for this, i went for the Ebuyer 500W dual fan. its not the absolute cheapest, and made the decision after reading a hundred or so customer reviews. as it is for a second PC with only one hard drive, one optical drive, and no PCI cards, i feel it will be adequate. £20. i hope im not forced to come back on here and be proved completely wrong :) after all, the first one ihad was included in a £12 case, had bad reviews, but was fine for what i needed - apart from the fact that it would only work horizontally, which was a bit of a blow, obviously :)

thanks again for all the help

Back