• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Refurbs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chipdign

I'd like some opinions on graphic card refurbs on newegg, are they something to stay away from when buying a card? For example, I was preparing to buy a Sapphire 9800 Pro for $183, but now the price has been raised to $197. Would there be any reason to hesitate/abstain from buying a refurb of the same card, for $40+ cheaper?

The original card
The refurbed card

I got that Same Card refurb. from newegg.com in March for 150$ and never had a problem with my card yet

If all you want is a card that works then go for the refurb.... If you're looking for a great overclocking card with a xt pcb and a r360 core, then you'll be taking a great chance since many of the refurbs are probably cards that were returned because they didn't meet some/all of the above requirements.

Newegg's prices for refurb items was a great option at one time. Not any more - they raised their prices, and sales dropped off in a big way. You can get a brand new 9800 Pro for $200, so why not buy new?

Here's proof - link

Back