• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

banshees

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPL.Luke

ok I am playing alot of the halo demo and Ive started to notice alot of people bashing the banshees, because they are to powerful

I would just like to say that you should learn to fight them rather than bash them

for instance leaving a warthog with a machine gun at your base will allow you to kill them. Banshees cannot attack a machine gun warthog unless they are very close to it.

you could also use a shotgun against them the shotgun at close range is the most effective handcarried weapon other than rockets and fuel rod guns.

banshee strategy

banshees have little to no dogfighting or offensive capability. unless your team is activly pursuing the enem base dont use a banshee on it. youll get killled and the opposing team will have your banshee.

do not use a banshee against an enemy base unless you have taken possetion of both banshees.

if you start to get hit then fly back to your base and pick up a health pack

dont give your banshee to the other team

any other ideas?

well your kinda right, people do complain about banshees too much. There are a whole bunch of weapons you can use to take em down my fa. being the pistol, shot gun, and rocket launcher. Against the chain hogs they dont stand much of a chance and same goes for a tank. If your good you can even take them down with ghosts.

Banshees can be really good in an offensive if you know how to use em tho.

thing is is that they can be pretty good with a bit of support

but without it the odds of you getting killed without making it back to your base are much higher. and if you die you give the opposing team a banshee. If they already have a banshee then they have both and in my experience with the pc version whoever controls both banshees with people smart enough not to lose them in the middle of the map wins.

1 banshee is powerful, two banshees are a force of nature

well it all depends on the map really, I would never take a banshee and assualt the enemy base myself on BG, however if you are playing infinity or death island those are different stories. In BG its all about the tanks, you can have all the banshees you want ill take my tank tho :p

it actually quite easy to shoot down a banshee. it takes about 2 clips from a pistal to shoot on down. when they come close, about 3 shot gun shots will get it. also, when they are about to come close, i just throw a nade or 2, it usually get them.

but if the pilot is smart as soon as his shield goes or he loses one or two bars of health he'll run back to his base and get a health pack

Liquid_Cooled said:
it actually quite easy to shoot down a banshee. it takes about 2 clips from a pistal to shoot on down. when they come close, about 3 shot gun shots will get it. also, when they are about to come close, i just throw a nade or 2, it usually get them.
This is exactly why I hate banshees. You act as if 2 clips isn't a lot. 2 Clips is a lot. Especially if you waste your time shooting 2 clips into the air, you aren't going to see his teammate come and smack you in the back of the head.

my main point about flying a banshee in a team battle is that if youre going to go down go down where you can hop right back into it when you respawn

in blood gulch when you run duck down low into the hills

No no no :D.... The correct way to use a banshee is as follows (for Blood Gulch, since I only have the demo :()

• As soon as the game starts, run off to the warthog on the right side of the base (forget about your own banshee for the moment).
  • Jump in as gunner and wait for the enemy banshee to start attacking (if a driver gets in, it's still usually alright).
  • If you're reasonably good, you should be able to shoot down the enemy banshee.
  • Get in the banshee and attack sensibly. You now have their banshee early in the game, and it's quite nice :D

Attacking sensibly should be done always, regardless of if you have theirs or yours. Basically, it's just using common sense and not getting arrogant about how many kills you get. Keep an eye on your shield gague, and if it's running low immediatly head for cover where you can wait for a few moments for the sheld to recharge.

As for defense against banshees, the warthog, pistol, shotgun, and fuel rod are your friends. Also, practicing dodging banshees goes a very long way to let you survive an unprepared encounter, possibly giving you a free banshee if you're sufficently better at dodging than the pilot is at flying :D

JigPu

CPL.Luke said:
banshees have little to no dogfighting or offensive capability. unless your team is activly pursuing the enem base dont use a banshee on it. youll get killled and the opposing team will have your banshee.

do not use a banshee against an enemy base unless you have taken possetion of both banshees.

Uhh....I got a triple killtacular by divebombing the enemy base in BG a few times. I even escaped with my life and my shee. ;) I really do hate them, but I'm a beastly matador anyways. :D I agree with the shotgun thing, it's like it negates the vehicle defense. :) :attn:

JigPu said:
  • As soon as the game starts, run off to the warthog on the right side of the base (forget about your own banshee for the moment).
  • Jump in as gunner and wait for the enemy banshee to start attacking (if a driver gets in, it's still usually alright).

• Bah! You better hope a driver gets in right away... otherwise you are sniper bait, and any decent sniper with half a brain will serve you up a healthy dose of headshot from across the map. In Halo, stationary == dead... ;)

Shotguns, pistols, plasma nades, frg's, and rocket launchers are all great weapons against banshees.

CPL.Luke said:
    for instance leaving a warthog with a machine gun at your base will allow you to kill them. Banshees cannot attack a machine gun warthog unless they are very close to it.

Huh??? A stationary chain hog at base is asking for it. A good banshee pilot will be able to flip that hog w/ his frg blast before he's even close enough for you're chain gun to be accurate.

The key to taking down a banshee is to use teamwork against it. Manned and mobile chain hogs are great weapons agains a banshee, but it'll fall much faster if you've got a blanket of pistol/shotgun fire coming from your teammates as well.

a hog across the map at a base can be shooting at a banshee from a distance to make the shee's plasma cannon miss. if the pilot misses thenthe cannon will not recharge before he is either dead or running.

most snipers dont take to activly taking out warthog gunners. in one game I couldn't advance beyond the hills (blood gulch) because of a hog gunner that was there for 2 minutes straight without being attacked by a sniper fuel rod gun or rocket.

I have seen alot of people claim that noob's use banshees but the fact is the non-nooob's usually hop in one and let me lead them right to our base or a chain gun warthog. or in a dogfight let me nail them without loosing any health because they smack into the ground

yeah, i have no problem with non-noobs using shees because they are skilled enough to go after the big guns so they dont tele camp.

i use pistol and shotgun to take down shees.
use pistol as they are comin at you, once they are close enough,
switch to shotgun, jump out of they way, shoot as you jump,
and then when they fly away because you took their precious shield down, use pistol again to finish it.

Back