• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Artifacts & AN35N

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkdgbroyles

Does anyone else get artifacts with their ati card and their an35n using ati tool? I beleive it is MB related or MB driver related because when I usually get artifacts from a "too much" overclocked card or overheating card, the artifacts stay with me in the game till I restart my computer.These artifacts go away or not even seen in the test but they are detected.Am I wrong or does anyboby think I might have a bad card. And by the way,it is not overclocked when I do the test.I don't see artifacts in games or 3Dmark03.

I don't know about using ati tool, but we had a 9800xt that had major artifacts untill we rma'd it. My step dad has a 9800se 256-bit not softmodded that gives the problems you describe, but since we can't see anything we don't care. I bet it is the card though.

I just noticed,my score in 3dmark3d changes a lot. From 4000 to 3500 then to 3800.But I don't think I see artifacts.

Ok , found the problem. ATI tool had a bug in it and the new release fixed it. No artifacts now.But ati tool still has other bugs. I guess I'll only use it for temp monitoring,nothing else.

I usually use radlinker for my OC without a problem.I only use ati tool to find max core/mem. It suppose to find them automaticly without any luck though. But the temp monitoring for the card I can't do without.

Back