• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which is the best less-crappy and CHEAP card??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhobMX

hey guys, a friend of mine is opening a cyber-coffee... he says he wants gaming-capable computers but nothing expensive.

Anything like r9600xt or gffx 5700 or above are out of the question, i know computers with such video cards wont game well but thats okay, ppl wont notice anything above 640x480 and mid details, lol...

i was thinking about a gffx 5200, im not sure if the one i can get localy is the 128bit version or the 64 bit one (which sux), but im pretty sure i can get a r9200 (non se)... so which one is the best?

this cards might play doom3, i know at crap resolutions and detail but anything is okay. Im leaning towards the gffx 5200, what do you guys think? any input is greatly appreciated

dicecca112 said:
I would say the 128bit 5200. From the threads here, I would say that is the card of choice.

thnx... and after that which is the best one?? the 9250 or any other one?

im gonna call the reseller asking for the exact model and check if its the 128 one, but how would the 64-bit (cuz i think thats the one these guys carry) fare against a r9250 128mb?

EDIT:

never mind, they only carry the crap r9200SE... so i changed the 9200 statements for 9250

EDIT2:

omg 9250 sux utterly, 64bit!!!

Last edited:
Back