• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it just me or?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

Is it just me or are there very few FarCry MP players? I go and look and there are only about 10 servers with over 10 people on them (the rest are tiny servers with 2-3 people or no one at all)... and 3/4's of them lag like hell (other people complain too it's not just me)...
I thought farcry was this big popular game but like no one is playing....

Also is it just me, or is it very hard to kill someone useing a normal gun? I mean I will sit there and shoot and shoot and shoot and you see the blood but they don't die... it even happens in servers that aren't laggin to hell.... but then you grab a rocket and run around and it's easy to kill people.

AND another thing... why in the hell are 3/4 of the servers still running the withdrawn 1.2 patch?

Gotta love the rocket launcher. I have actually never played MP on the net cuz I just play @ our bi monthly lans and we get 20+ ppl servers. I never reallyed played online due to lag and not many ppl. Maybe the servers with the 1.2 patch just arent updated often or the admin is lazy, lol.

What???

Tons of people play UT2k4; even though there's 900 empty servers for every game mode, there's still enough full servers to have a ton of fun. Onslaught is overpopulated; usually about 30 full servers. No one ever plays mutant though, I wonder why..

I would play farcry online if I hadn't realized there was a cd key on the back of the booklet (you don't need it to install so I threw everything away). I'm so dumb..

Hello,

I have to agree i was playing FarCry and i was standing right over a guy and filling him with bullets and he never died he pulled out a rocket and that was it. I have not seen alot of people on FarCry either and most of the servers stink there either slow or i just cant going because the ping in high has heck.

On unreal tornament there are alot of people on there. Every time i join a game there are at least 6 people in the servers. My question has anyone played Doom over the net yet?

Last edited:
I've tried to play Doom III online a couple times but it's not very good...it's hard to find a server that isn't password protected and doesn't have an enormously high ping.

Also, wasnt one of the far cry selling points is the eye candy. I mean like ppl love the single player and the mp is just icing on the cake.

If that makes any sense, heh.

jedi knight academy is an awesome mp experience...I love the saber duels and using force powers :) I'm not big into the sp gameplay but enjoy the heck out of mp on this one. I've never tried far cry but I enjoy the sp mode.

farcry MP is terrible. that's why noone plays it.

the game is popular because of the SP.

Seems like the "withdrawn" 1.2 patch was supposed to equalize the weapons somewhat. I played mp far cry for a week or two after the game was first released. It was OK, but nothing special. I ended using the rocket launcher most of the time for the same reasons mentioned above.

Back