• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firestrider

Hi im new to watercooling, I'm switching from air cooling because I think its too loud, to get better temps (maybe) and i like the look of watercooling better!

This is what im thinking of getting:

Swiftech MCP650 12v DC Pump
Black Ice Pro 120mm Radiator
Swiftech MCW6002-P
Swiftech MCW20-P
Swiftech MCW50

and whatever tubing and connectors

Is this a good setup? What are the average temperatures for watercooling?

i would go with a heatercore since your goin do all 3 tubing get clearflex or tygon and get clamps metal,plastic,zip ties,etc

I am a fan of BIG radiators. ;)

One of the dual 120mm fan, single pass heater cores will perform better and cost less...if you have the room for it.

If the space is an issue, a chevette core is the same as the one you listed, essentially, but not painted pretty; instead, it costs less. :) (You may need to trim the ends of the inlet/outlet barbs with a hacksaw too.)

Even as listed though, it looks good, especially with Clearflex or Tygon and some metal hose clamps. Add some good radiator fans and shrouds and you'll have an excellent water cooling system.

Edit:
Don't forget either a T-Line or reservoir for filling and bleeding!
I prefer T-Lines as a rule, but reservoirs have quite a few fans too. ;)

get an 86 chevette hc from local autozone or napa. It will perform just as well as black ice but much cheaper. Otherwise excellent choices of parts imo

Back