Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > General Motherboards
General Motherboards
Forum Jump

help anyone please blue screen!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 08-30-04, 06:41 AM Thread Starter   #1
RIPSTER

Unhappy help anyone please blue screen!!!!!!!!!!

Last night i started up my pc just after shutin it down i had forgotten to do something and after the win 2000 boot logo i got a blue screen aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh h *scream shout hide under desk* kinda blue screen. I restarted and still got it so i checked all my hardware took out pieces bit by bit reset my bios and still no luck then i went to bed........

got up all refreshed thinking the problem would have fixed itself aaarrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh *hide under table* it was still there so i booted up with my win 2k disk and went in to recovery console i rewrote a new mbr and the other thing i cant remember a boot sector i think and voila my pc booted up and came in to windows. Only one problem half of my progs and pics had gone it was like i had reverted my pc to 10 days ago or something and when i logged in to windows it said something about not being able to get an image of the registry and that there was an I/O error please help someone im dying here. The last thing i installed were new VIA drivers version 4.4 or something i uninstalled them just now and resinstalled my old ones.

thanx for reading any help would be greatly appreciated.

nVidia Geforce 8600GT
Maxtor 320GB/80GB SATA HD
TSSTcorp SH-S223C SATA DVDRW
RIPSTER is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 08-30-04, 08:10 AM Thread Starter   #2
RIPSTER

everything seems ok now i ran all system checks in safe mode and ran chkdsk and followed the guide on removing malware in the internet section evything seems ok thanks everyone

nVidia Geforce 8600GT
Maxtor 320GB/80GB SATA HD
TSSTcorp SH-S223C SATA DVDRW
RIPSTER is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > General Motherboards
General Motherboards