• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building comp. Imaging drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

Remember how im building a new comp and i need to format my windows drive to get the new mobo working well i have a idea for my second drive

my new comp will have 2 drives also

instead of having to blank drives i want to image one of my drives i have now so after i install winxp on one of the new drives for my comp i can just install the image on the other one without installing all the games again

my question is i know some games/programs use the registry to be able to play when you image a drive does it copy EVERYTHING registries, small little files, etc... if so would i just be able to put a image of my other drive on a new hardrive and all my games, stuff should work?

why go through the trouble of making the image...just use a new hard drive for windows, and put the old hard drive into your new computer and play your games off of that. :D

Drec said:
why go through the trouble of making the image...just use a new hard drive for windows, and put the old hard drive into your new computer and play your games off of that. :D

i want my other comp to still have the games too.

and if i put the other drive into my comp wont i need to format it since it will be a new drive in a new comp?

Zatrix said:
i want my other comp to still have the games too.

and if i put the other drive into my comp wont i need to format it since it will be a new drive in a new comp?

Not if your not booting off of the drive.

Back