• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird startup problem please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tuneboy

hello,

I have a weird startup problem and that is that it takes about 4 minutes to start my rig up until i get into windows. Once my PC has started up it goes like a speer like it should be. Everything is working normal, no errors.
When i get the window of "windows is loading" my screen goes black then en then it takes about 2 minutes before he goes further. Then when windows is signing in it takes another 2 minutes until i finally get into my desktop.
Scanned for virusses and spyware but nothing helps. Disabeld Cool 'n Quite but also the same problem. i didn't install other software before and it was working like it should be, so nothing is changed. Just a new day started and i have this problem. Any solution or advice ??

AMD 64 3400+
Asus K8V SE Deluxe
1 gig of OCZ
Antec truepower 550W
6800 Ultra
2x WD Raptor 74G in RaidO
1x 200G WD ATA

try downloading a program called tunexp from driverheaven.net. Works wonders. To me it sounds look your boot files are massively fragmented. Whens the last time you defragmented the hard drives?

dicecca112 said:
try downloading a program called tunexp from driverheaven.net. Works wonders. To me it sounds look your boot files are massively fragmented. Whens the last time you defragmented the hard drives?

Well i defragmented when the problem was there but still the same thing.
When my PC is in windows my system goes realy fast it's just the bootup time that takes about 5 minutes.

I found the problem, it was Alcohol 120% and his virtual drive that was the bottleneck.
Thx anyway

Last edited:
Back