• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So how would this rate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[TZ]-VooDoo

Registered
Well, after trying and trying to make my ATI RADEON 9200SE PCI card to hold steady reliable frames in Counter-Strike 1.6, I've finally given up and accepted reason and have decided to go with what many pro CS players use... nVidia.

I'm not entirely short on budget, but I can't creep too close to that $100 mark seeing as my job doesn't pay that well, :argue:

I was looking at this card, and was wondering what everyone else thought of it? Compared to my 64MB DDR/ 64-Bit 9200SE would it out perform it? Would it hold steady FPS around 50-60 or would it max out at 100 and stay there?

I run CS is 800x600 with 16-Bit color because my RADEON can't really handle 32-Bit, I also have AA/AS/TAA turned off and have tweaked CS as much as I know how...

(The card): http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-150-064&depa=0&manufactory=BROWSE

Thanks for everyone's opinion! Even those who say "Psh, forget PCI!"

Okay...

Well, would in YOUR opinion would be the best PCI video card for the buck?
Buck being around $40-$80 and hopefully on www.NewEgg.com?

From what I've heard (and read) nVidia is pretty much the leading producer for quality in PCI cards, and quality in value/FPS.

If anyone could recommend anything I'd be overly appreciative, pretty much all it will ever be doing is very heavy CS 1.6 (About 10-14 hours) Quake III TA every now and then for about an hour or so, and some light demo making around
once every other month.

Or if anyone knows anything that can bring this ATI to life, please let me know...

VSync/AA/Temporal AA/AS/TRUFORM is all off and I still think my (believe it or not) integrated video could give this 9200SE by Sapphire a definite run for it's money...

I have many many many things in game turned off to try and increase and stabilize the FPS, even turning smoke to lowest and Color quality to 16Bit.
(If you want the entire list of what I have turned on/off/rates etc just PM me)

Ok,First the MX 4000 is not a gaming card and will not be better than what you have already.
I think there have been a couple of threads on the best pci card.
Try a search,they were very informative.

Back